Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I have only been suffering from AS for about 4 months. I found this site, immediately got on NSD and ACV and had an incredible improvement to zero pain within a few weeks. I am also taking turmeric, B vitamin, Boswellia, oregano oil, and fish oil. I also am on Humira, but I cannot say that it makes any noticeable difference.

Of course, I then decided to press my luck and went on a stretch where I ate some starchy foods and drank to excess (alcohol in excess seems to be a trigger for me). I flared back up, and I have not been able to get back to where I was. I have also been fighting a sinus infection (not sure if this is associated with a flare up).

I have been very disciplined for several weeks, so it has been a bit frustrating. Should I consider Sulfasalazine or some other supplements? Anything else to watch out for?

E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Also, when I was pain free, I was eating pecans and continue to eat them. I know they have a little bit of starch.

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, Exacta:

I think the turmeric is a bit starchy but there are extracta which are safe. Pecans are only a little starchy. It is probably not good to stay on oregano too long, but mostly during cleansing regimen.

I would suggest one day of fasting followed by taking fresh wheatgrass juice (6-8oz on empty stomach) and also take 6-8 borage seed oil capsules just before retiring. During the day, and especially just before meals, take EVOliveOil by the teaspoonful, perhaps 8 times.

Then supplement with zinc, copper, magnesium, calcium, vitD, vitE, niacinamide, and lysine. Eat okra, lychee fruit, and small amount (2oz) probiotic yoghurt (Brown Cow or Stonyfield Farms).

You should be able to avoid changing medications and make what You are taking much more effective this way.

HEALTH,
John

E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Got my wheatgrass seeds on order..

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By Exacta

So just what exactly do you think that is going to do for you?

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hi Exacta - Excellent advice from John. Yes, a bit of a drag all those pills and potions, but...way to go to get there.

As for the SFZ...IF you have gut problems then would suggest giving a miss. Side effects of SFZ can leave one 'house bound' and also, can cause tinnitus ! Am still suffering from the tinnitus some years later. Not as bad as it was originally - church bells and radios at 2.00 a.m. are not conducive to sleep - Ho-Hum.

Wish you well, take care -

Molly C - Keeping on, Keeping on (as we all do, innit alien )

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Originally Posted By Frederick
Originally Posted By Exacta

So just what exactly do you think that is going to do for you?

I have no exact expectation of what it is going to do for me. It is a very nutritious food product, so I don't think that I have anything to lose.

Wheatgrass ? Good stuff. Mercola also recommends it. Here's some info on wheatgrass -

50 Reasons To Drink The Benefits of Wheatgrass - The Chalkboard Mag
thechalkboardmag.com/50-reasons-to-drink-wheatgrass-everyday
May 13, 2013 - Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein. 3. Wheatgrass juice contains up to 70% chlorophyll, which is an important blood builder.
Benefits of Wheatgrass - Hippocrates Health Institute
hippocratesinst.org/benefits-of-wheatgrass-2
It contains the full spectrum of B vitamins, as well as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium in a balanced ratio. Wheatgrass is a complete source of protein, supplying all of the essential amino acids, and more.
35 Amazing Wheatgrass Benefits (Backed by Science!)
www.organicauthority.com/benefits-of-wheatgrass.html
Many people swear by a shot of wheatgrass first thing in the morning, and it's no wonder! Learn how to reap the benefits of this superfood.

------------------------ ##

Here's a note from the Mayo Clinic - Mayo tends to know what they are about... All good stuff :-

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifest...ss/faq-20058018

Last edited by MollyC1i; 02/22/17 04:22 PM. Reason: Mayo Clinic

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
I react to really small amounts of starch and turmeric is an absolute no go for me.

Even a half tsp of ground turmeric, which has less than a gram of starch, will cause pain and stiffness the next day. Ginger and black pepper are also off limits.

Might be worth a try.

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
A few days after posting this, I felt 100% better. Then I had another flare up which has lasted about 5 days so far. I know for sure that this one is not alcohol related.

I have narrowed it down to either the 2 day binge I had eating a lot of pimento and cheddar cheese or overdoing it with honey+greek yogurt.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,530 hmmm
1,323,735 OMG!!!!
712,219 PARTY TIME!