Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#516222 12/13/16 01:16 AM
L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Hey my old friends and new...
Been dealing with crazy foot and knee pain that took me to the ER over a week ago. My right toe joint flared up as did my right knee, on the left side of the joint...major pain, I could barely walk, sleep, etc. So docs thought gout or an infection...did blood tests...uric acid normal, white blood cell count normal...they gave me gout pills and Bactrim...still hurting after almost two weeks and now my left back muscles are in a crazy spasm like I remember from my days over a decade ago pre-Enbrel. I have not been on Enbrel for over a month cause I was feeling ill and didn't want to be sick for Thanksgiving. I have not been really sick this fall, a first. I think this is all related to AS, and I have Enbrel rush shipped to me tomorrow....hoping that will kill the inflamed joint pain. Has anyone had similar issues? Am wondering if my AS is taking a new spin to my periphery joints like RA....my foot tendon pain has been severe in the fall for the past three years!!
thank you all for listening, you all Rock, as you well know, Peace out for now...
Linc

Linc O'Brien
Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
Good luck through the Holiday season hope your pain diminishes

C
Iron_AS_Kicker
Iron_AS_Kicker
C
Hey Linc!
I can totally relate! I've had the same toe and foot problems since I was 18 years old. And my knees. I am affected in just about every joint! I definitely have peripheral AS. Or whatever the proper term is. I am currently on Cimzia which really keeps things in check. It sounds like Enbrel has been doing the same for you. Linc, the one thing that I have noticed over 30 years of this is as I am getting older, I notice more joints are being affected. Perhaps your time off Enbrel is showing that to you too. And I get more pain and muscle spasms in upper parts of my back because I am not as active as I was. I hope to change that very soon! One thought, can you take any NSAIDS while off of Enbrel in the future? I don't know if that will even help so it's just a thought. Oh, and my toe seemed just like gout but it's not. I hope it all clears up soon and you get the Enbrel back on board soon! Linc, YOU ROCK! Love and hugs, Cristina

L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Thanks Smed and Cristina! I got Enbrel last night, took the shot and today feel much better. Knee is good it does not hurt to the touch. Back spasms gone! I slept well last night, I woke to the alarm clock instead of in pain...
Hoping for the best tonight!
Peace
Linc

Linc O'Brien
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Linc- how are you today?

I have had such similar situations.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
L
Lon Offline
L
a gout toe- but it wasn't?

My test sometimes are not that high- but the toe is huge and very red! hmmm

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Glad the enbrel is helping once again.

My spondy hit both my peripheral joints (wrists and feet) along with the spine (SI joint and neck) always and its definitely spondy...definitely enthesitis.

At one point, my feet were so bad that I had to ice them at the end of my workday just to hobble out to my car to go home. Foot pain can be quite bad. Contrast baths were probably the most helpful back then. Humira is the most helpful now.

I too can tell when I need my Humira. I too will put it off if I think I'm getting sick. 2 weeks ago, the day before I took my Humira, my ulnar wrists were scary bad...then the day after Humira, it was like it never happened. It works fast for me.

My chiro can also tell when I've just gotten my shot and when I'm due.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Hi Linc - Yes from over here. Have had really bad big toe right foot inflammation. Horribly painful, enough to keep one awake at night. Also knee pain- but then do have slipping patellae, both knees affected, though right knee more so. Inflammation / pain comes and goes. Big toe has been calm now for a few months, TG. I did try ice, but too cold...!!

Don't suppose this will help any - but, several of us in the same boat !!

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Hi all, I have been pain free since taking my Enbrel, I can only think that it stopped the inflammation and my foot and knee improved. I have noticed peripheral joint pain as I've gotten older, but Enbrel has helped, especially this time. In the past three years I have had foot tendon inflammation even on Enbrel. So who knows. But I raise my goblet of Rock to you all for listening and giving feedback! Because.....wait for it.....you Rock!!!

Linc O'Brien

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,208 hmmm
1,323,581 OMG!!!!
712,074 PARTY TIME!