Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
OP Offline
M
The old thread had such a weird title, so I'm making a new one where chatting is easier.

I'm about 5 weeks in, and I'm experiencing significant symptoms. I had diarrhea for 4 weeks straight, never had that before in my life. I lost weight and looked like I got AIDS. I'm still skinny. I'm very lightheaded, and usually don't leave the house. Never had this symptom before in my life either. Necator Americanus, human hookworms, do drop blood pressure in many peoople. For me, that effect has been large.

My stomach has been good for the last 3 days, solid logs even, so I'm feeling better. My main health problems are AS, IBS and CFS. It is known that those with CFS and food intolerances (I have many) should start of slowly. But I was impatiant, and went ahead with a steep chedule anyway.

The toughest period is between week 4 and 8. So I'm basically holding out and awaiting better days. At least I know they having SOME sort of effect. They don't always stick.

S
Active_Member
Active_Member
S
Been thinking about you and the worms man. I hope everything stabilizes and you get good results soon. I have not noticed much from Cosentyx but I am only a month in my self. As far as jumping right on I am like that as well I think this disease makes us somewhat impulsive. Pls keep us posted and I am hoping that things will get better for you.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need help, and I suggest psychiatry. Don't take this as an attack. I'm just genuinely worried about your mental health.

There is no shame in going to a "head doctor" smile

Last edited by cst025; 06/14/16 09:53 PM.
S
S
Hey buddy, I was just thinking about you and was going to ask how things were. While I still think the worms are crazy and that I wouldn't want those symptoms, I can sure tell you that I would be ecstatic to push out a solid log again..

M
OP Offline
M
Yea. Thanks for the input. It sure does sound completely crazy. I'm feeling better and I don't feel completely drained anymore. Though I'm still weak.

I've been feeling really warm the last few days, which is unusual. Been sweating a lot. I've been cold for so long that it feels weird.

M
OP Offline
M
I'm still very skinny but my stomach is doing fine. Doing probiotics to rebuild stomach flora. I'm still light-headed and basically don't leave the house. I feel okay and I'm not in pain. I have 2-3 tough weeks ahead of me, after that symptoms should subside gradually.

M
OP Offline
M
Nothing totally new over the last couple days. More light-headed than ever but never been close to fainting. I wonder if these worms pull all my blood toward the intestines? Like after a big meal?

My stomach flora was essentially wiped out during my month-long severe diarrhea, so I'm doing some probiotics, like mentioned before. I'm also doing probiotic enemas, something that rebuilt the stomach flora on mice I found in a scientific paper. I'm also taking apple cider winegar after every meal, which aids digestion significantly.

Also just activated my water kefir grains, which will take 4 days to activate. After that each batch takes 1-2 days to make. That will enable me to drink probiotic water regurarly.

Also thinking about kombucha. Might start that in a couple months. My stomach is doing fine, I haven't gained back the weight but also not losing any.

S
S
I was watching a show the other day where doctors were talking about gut issues and they were testing kefir, probiotics and etc. Their studies didn't show much promise and showed that it was mostly marketing hype. As someone who spent a good year consuming high quality probiotics and kefir, I am not sure any of it helped at all. I tried all that stuff and spent a fortune without really much difference.

M
OP Offline
M
Yes, it is really not that effective. Science has verified this. What shows promise is when you shoot it directly into the butt. That's why FMT's work. That's why I do probiotic enemas, and will do kefir water enemas. Because taking probiotics orally has a minimal effect at best. Often no effect at all.

80-90% of all people who had gut issues who tried probiotics said it had no noticeable effect. I've never noticed an effect either, and that's why I've stayed away from probiotics my entire life. But enemas is a different beast alltogether.

Last edited by MoonCutter; 06/23/16 08:35 PM.
S
S
So how are those enemas working out for you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (krishna), 74 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,373,118 hmmm
1,326,453 OMG!!!!
714,109 PARTY TIME!