Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
W
Doc call saying Humira is approve and I'm not sure what to do.

I still have symptoms of prostate infection along with constant NGU feeling.

I am not sure if it's Reactive Arthritis / an actual infection. So far normal routing Urine Analysis and Urine cultures have been negative.

Blood work is negative, no indication of infection.

What should i do?

This disease is impacting the spine but I got a feeling that if I am able to cure the NGU part then the arthritis will go away.

or should i just shut up and take the Humira and live with it hoping that this will help??

Thanks

C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
Sounds like you are quite confused about it at the moment - up to now you seemed to be wanting recognition that it had moved on from ReA (because of the time you have had problems), but now you have treatment approved (which is for long term spondyloarthritis rather than ReA) you appear to be wanting to go back to thinking of it as ReA. Not trying to be rude or anything, but do you think you might have some psychological issues you need to deal with? Psychological issues are really common with chronic illness, so you don't need to feel bad about it, but seeing someone to help you through the anxiety and decision making might really be useful in the long term. Also a frank discussion with your rheumie, asking them how certain they are that this has now gone beyond ReA might help reassure you about whether taking Humira is the right thing.

W
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
W
I'm confuse because I'm really thinking that if I have an infection and take a Abx and everything goes away then I could avoid myself from taking a serious drug like Humira.

W
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
W
Or does it mean that once it progress pass ReA then it's game over?

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
The fact that so many of your family members seem to have an inflammatory arthritis, makes me think you do too.

However, if you have a current infection, then you need to not be on a biologic.

But if the doctors say you don't have a current infection, then you probably don't, and can try the biologic.

I can understand not wanting to go on the biologic if you have an infection because it can make the infection worse and its one thing they warn us to be careful of.

But if you don't have an infection, then the biologic could really help and there is only one way to know for sure and that's to try it.

The other reasons for not trying it, I wouldn't be thinking like that if I were you, but that is me.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
S
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
S
Have you seen a neurologist to rule out MS?

Didn't you mention on another thread/another board that your doctor told you not to take Humira until you had done that?

You've already been given good advice.

When it comes to the biologics, they don't prescribe these unless they are pretty sure they will help. That your rheumy has prescribed this tells me that he is pretty certain what you are dealing with, so my question for you is, why don't you trust what the doctor is telling you?

You've been scrambling around looking for answers, questioning everything. Seems to me that the fact this has been prescribed is an answer as they don't prescribe it if you don't have a disease it will treat. Yet you are still scrambling. So, I will ask, what do you want? What is your expectation?

Never stop researching and learning about your condition. That is so important. So, no, 'Shut up and take it,' is not what I would suggest. However, you need to get a grip on yourself because right now you are driving yourself nuts with it. So, why do you not trust your doctor to know what he's doing? I'm not trying to be harsh when I ask that.

You really do need to find an answer to that because if you don't trust your doctor, then you are working with the wrong doctor and you need to ask for a referral to a new one. And keep asking until you find a doctor you do trust.

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

W
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
W
I went for shot the other day - walked out without one. I chicken out. I got nervous that I will need to take this drug rest of my life. I know I don't have options.

I saw Neurologist and my EMG was Negative / normal.

If you take it once, it doesn't mean you need to take it the rest of your life. It won't change anything. Just try it out for a while. If it works, great. If it doesn't, oh well, try another. If it works, BUT you don't think it's worth it, then just quit it.

It's not harder than that.

Originally Posted By worldofme
I went for shot the other day - walked out without one. I chicken out. I got nervous that I will need to take this drug rest of my life. I know I don't have options.

I saw Neurologist and my EMG was Negative / normal.

I had to wait 12 years for a diagnosis and another 3 for Humira. As soon as it was offered to me, I jumped at the opportunity. Yes, opportunity to get my life back.

As others said, its not something you can't stop if you choose to.

On the other hand, if this is what I need to do for the rest of my life, to have a life, then that's what I have to do.

I just hope it lasts a lifetime.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (light), 75 guests, and 90 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,373,128 hmmm
1,326,464 OMG!!!!
714,110 PARTY TIME!