Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jou Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
J
Hello,

I spondyloarthropathy for 2 years .

Dolores feet ( fasciitis , metatarsals , heels, dactylitis , finger) , buttock pain , two months ago I started flashing back pain.

Probe all, physio , templates, aine , low labor three weeks in 2013 .

Now Omega 3 , collagen, sulfasalazine , diet low in starch , harpagofito , collagen injections med ...

Lately foot pain with collagen and collagen injections seemed to go better .. but my doctor told me I have to start with the biological .

I have respect and doubts , side effects , infections , fatigue , dizziness ...

No what day of the week would be best to put it and if the taking because very tired ... I have to work and be eight hours standing .

Please your experience with biological helpful for me.

Thank You

M
New_Member
New_Member
M
Ive been on humira for alomost 3.5 months now and it seems to be helping me at least... ive noticed ive been able to cut down on pain meds quite a bit ( almost in half now) and i mean percocet and t4... i have had more energy lately and been sleeping better...also morning stiffness has been less as well..not a single nagative side effect that ive noticed yet...i have been trying to eat healthier and taking vitamins and have noticed no increase in sicness or lack of energy..depending on ur work schedule i woukd reccomend trying a first dose on say friday ( assuming u dont work weekends) to give yourself a few days to see how meds affect you and rest if needed...i personally do my humira shot every other friday but i havent noticed ill effects afterwards..just dont forget to keep in mind if enbrel doesnt work there are still many different biologic trratment options..my best advice is to stay positive and remember its trial and error..not everything works for everyone..
Good luck my friend and kick AS

-matt

Matt

AS confirmed 2014- SI joints fused and some fusion in lumbar spine
B27-Positive
Meds-Humira 40mg every 2 weeks
T4 and Percocet as needed
Vimovo (naproxen) 500 mg 2xday
TENS unit used daily on flaring areas

J
jou Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
J
Thank you so much .

I plan to start next Friday . I work some Saturdays but I think it is the best day .

My aching feet is what bothers me more and improved with collagen injections md , but only for a few days .

Wear beginning of this year trying to eat better , take Omega 3 , borage oil, collagen, more fruits, more vegetables , I try to diet low in starch ... I've also been taking sulfasalazine .

I wish that every day you have a much better health.

What are your areas of pain ?

Best regards and wish you good luck

M
New_Member
New_Member
M
Hey hope your doing okay..

Have you started your enbrel doses yet? Howd it go for you?.. i just got confirmed diagnosis of AS last year..but have had pain issues since highschool..It started with a sports injury to my hip and since then my low back and hips have been my most painful area...mri that i had last month shows fused si joints on both sides as well as some fusion in my lumbar and thoracic spine..its pretty bad for me because i likely has this disease since 16 yrs old and havent had treatment until now and im 28 years old!...i actually dont even think i would have been diagnosed unless i had gone for shoulder xray...they found arthritis in my right shoulder and did more xrays which led to my dx...my disease was going on for so long unknown to me and now i likely have irrepairable damage and bad posture too..im kinda hunched over a bit do to the pain and stiffness for so long now...im sore all the time and pushing myself to get in better shape...going to gym and lifting weights again and flexibility exercises but sometimes the pain flairs up soo bad i almost want to die...but this is my fault for pushing my self as far as my range of motion is concerned...but i keep going back to the gym even if im hurting and do what i can..ive been going for a month now and have more energy and confidence as i do feel alot stronger...anyway tell me about your story..how old are u? How did u find out about your AS?

Take care

Matt

B27-Positive

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
started Humira June 2013. Best thing I ever did....changed my life for the better.....feet saw great improvement......no side effects...still very healthy immune system....take care of yourself (sleep, diet, exercise, etc) and that will help to keep from getting infections on a biologic...I also take LDN and vitamin C and I think both help my immune system.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
J
jou Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
J
Originally Posted By: matt1986
Hey hope your doing okay..

Have you started your enbrel doses yet? Howd it go for you?.. i just got confirmed diagnosis of AS last year..but have had pain issues since highschool..It started with a sports injury to my hip and since then my low back and hips have been my most painful area...mri that i had last month shows fused si joints on both sides as well as some fusion in my lumbar and thoracic spine..its pretty bad for me because i likely has this disease since 16 yrs old and havent had treatment until now and im 28 years old!...i actually dont even think i would have been diagnosed unless i had gone for shoulder xray...they found arthritis in my right shoulder and did more xrays which led to my dx...my disease was going on for so long unknown to me and now i likely have irrepairable damage and bad posture too..im kinda hunched over a bit do to the pain and stiffness for so long now...im sore all the time and pushing myself to get in better shape...going to gym and lifting weights again and flexibility exercises but sometimes the pain flairs up soo bad i almost want to die...but this is my fault for pushing my self as far as my range of motion is concerned...but i keep going back to the gym even if im hurting and do what i can..ive been going for a month now and have more energy and confidence as i do feel alot stronger...anyway tell me about your story..how old are u? How did u find out about your AS?

Take care

Hello friends

First say that my first injection of Enbrel was 20 minutes ago, I've really had a hard time ... but had to start.

I have 33 years.

First I started with buttock pain that doctors confused with sciatica. Spring 2013

Second plantar foot pain. Plantar fasciitis. Summer 2013

After a year and a half with plantar fasciitis I began to hurt the big toe of the left foot. Summer 2014

Two months later metatarsal pain in left foot and right more dactylitis in finger right foot. Autumn 2014

This year nocturnal back pain, sometimes stiff neck and back pain throughout the day. Winter 2015

Finally sometimes I have chest pain that starts me at night, it is not if you have relationship with spondylitis ....

I tried physiotherapist, NSAIDs, sulfasalazine, shock waves, supplements, diet without starch, oral collagen, collagen inyeccione, the latter two best weeks of the feet but not the back and chest.

Friend sport is very good and if it makes you feel better not miss, but be careful and do what you can without hurting yourself.

I wish that more and have greater health

J
jou Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
J
Originally Posted By: Sue22
started Humira June 2013. Best thing I ever did....changed my life for the better.....feet saw great improvement......no side effects...still very healthy immune system....take care of yourself (sleep, diet, exercise, etc) and that will help to keep from getting infections on a biologic...I also take LDN and vitamin C and I think both help my immune system.

Hello, I hope that I too work the biological fine, I wrote up a little of my story.

I have a little afraid to infections .... When you talk about diet, you mean ?

Dieting without starch ? or make a diet rich in fruits, vegetables without food industry ?

Because vitamin C ? I take orange every day.

Thanks Sue

M
New_Member
New_Member
M
Hey to the both of you..
Hope your both doing well..
I am having a rough day today with a big weather change happening and my humira dose was due today..i can really seem to feel bad the couple days before my shot is due..anybody else notice this on humira or other biologics? It has helped me more than anything up to this point but seems to have its rough days lately.. anyway ..
why was your first injection of enbrel hard jou? what happened?

Take care

Matt

B27-Positive

M
Active_Member
Active_Member
M
I went into full remission less than 24 hours after my first dose of ENBREL. Good luck.

J
jou Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
J
Originally Posted By: matt1986
Hey to the both of you..
Hope your both doing well..
I am having a rough day today with a big weather change happening and my humira dose was due today..i can really seem to feel bad the couple days before my shot is due..anybody else notice this on humira or other biologics? It has helped me more than anything up to this point but seems to have its rough days lately.. anyway ..
why was your first injection of enbrel hard jou? what happened?

Take care

Hello friend

My first injection of Enbrel was pretty good, backaches 0 % , 5 % chest . Honestly, my feet have been my biggest nightmare during these last years , but the last weeks before Enbrel is not that why my feet had greatly reduced the pain.

Maybe by the oral collagen ?
Maybe by collagen injections ?
Maybe because the outbreak had to end ... ?
Maybe the diet?
Maybe omega 3 or supplements?

Moments took two shots and seems to work quite well , I hope that times are good for me and for you all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ali113), 57 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,636 hmmm
1,323,810 OMG!!!!
712,260 PARTY TIME!