Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Z
zark Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Had a look through some old posts and looks like I started getting serious about the diet around Feb 2003.

>> Could you recommend where to get Lufenuron?

Hi Gerry,
I have a few prices from different companies. Should I post them here?.. maybe best to use the "contact me" link in my signature.

Whilst Lufenuron seems to be the most logical reason for my remission, I still think it could be Natto too. And Natto is something you can make at home pretty cheaply smile

If you want energy and endurance then I recommend making pancakes out of glutinous rice flour. Doing this gave me a huge boost in energy and endurance, and avoided issues with proctitis (mixing amylopectin with egg makes it safe for some unknown reason). The gotcha is that I came down with fungal infections, and that prompted me to look into things like lufenuron, etc.
Here is a recipe:
http://auto-immune-diet.blogspot.com/2014/05/pancakes-without-pain.html

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: zark
Had a look through some old posts and looks like I started getting serious about the diet around Feb 2003.

11 years. Sigh... OK. I've got six more to go...

But seriously, congrats on beating the spondy beast. All of those sacrifices you made have paid off in spades and it inspires all of us on the same path. laugh

"But I also have to say, for the umpty-umpth time, that life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all." -- from William Goldman's _Princess Bride_
Z
zark Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Thanks FormerFoodie smile You know, I didn't know I had been on this diet so long!

"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
zark Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Hi Gerry, I have sent you a private message

Z
zark Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
These are my observations on eating starch post-remission:
* Fatigue - after an hour or two fatigue sets in. Lasts about 2 hours. Only if in excess. Starchy gravies in Indian food were the worst. Meanwhile pizza was not too bad, and bran was fine. Something to do with solubility I expect.
* Digestion - improves for a few days - temporary
* Eczema - most starches seem to cause this. Not amylopectin though.
* Proctitis - amylopectin worsens this (unless combined with egg), whereas most other starchy foods do not. Eg wheat and oats are fine!
* Anxiety / mood - I get little spikes of anxiety. Probably something to do with serotonin in the gut. Also had one day where I felt really down - felt better after some NSD food: grapes, then later tea (no honey), an egg & half tsp mountain pepper (also 4g fish oil).

K
New_Member
New_Member
K
Congrats zark on the success! I hope it continues for you.

I want to piggy back on this topic and hopefully provide some encouragement to my fellow AS sufferers. After 2 years of NSD (from 2010 to 2012), I have been able to eat anything I want for the past 2+ years. I would not say I am cured, but rather healed enough that my AS symptoms are almost non-existent.

Don't give up guys! I am firm believer in the NSD and exercise!

Z
zark Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Hey Keegan, wonderful news! Glad to hear you are better too smile

Yes, likewise I still have some issues, but not AS symptoms. Instead I have issues with Proctitis, Prostatitis, and eczema.. oh and sometimes night time dehydration. I have worked out decent drug free ways to minimise symptoms for all of these issues though.

Z
zark Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
I had a bit of a starch binge on the weekend with my fiancé and friends. I got a little stiff on Sunday night and maybe just a touch of AS pain. By monday morning there was no AS pain or stiffness, I was back to normal ! Except there was the slightest twinge of iritis, probably for less than an hour, but that went away as I went back to strict NSD during this week.

* Fatigue - I should point out that while indian gravies (made with besan flour) made me very very tired, other things like croissants or bran flakes do not make me tired/fatigued

Z
zark Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Just got an email from a friend.. he said that his Ayurvedic Dr has seen many cases of AS go into remission around the age of 40. Well, I am 36 now so it is a possibility.

D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
My Rheumy told me a while ago that AS apparently burns itself out sometime around age 40 (I'm now 40). I'd never heard of it and I've haven't found anything conclusive that backs this up.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 76 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,910 hmmm
1,323,369 OMG!!!!
711,945 PARTY TIME!