Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Hi andredenito, glad you're trying the glutinous rice smile Hope it works for you ok. Really good to get some constructive feedback - both positive and negative.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Wow, I'm really fascinated to see more people getting the same health issues I have been battling with. First proctitis, and now dehydration at night. OK here is some stuff from my notes:

-- Worsens my dehydration at night: --
*** Tired / Going to sleep too late. Weakens immune system / liver?
*** preservatives. 220 & maybe Benzoates too. Herx reaction? (death of mould/fungus)
*** alcohol /preservative 220/yeast (champagne & sweet wines are high in preservatives). worse in 30-60min
** Yeast products
** Vinegar (except ACV?)
?? Cheese
?? Dairy - yoghurt, cream, cheese

So far working out things that help have been less clear-cut. I tried large doses of Lufenuron and that seemed to help, which implies a fungal issue. Also, foods that had a laxative effect seemed to help too.

But also have had at least one time where I ate very large amounts of salmon belly and felt better, this and the possible cheese/dairy issue implicate Omega6/Omega3 issue, similar with what Dragon pointed out re EFAs. Is it a result of being in fat burning mode I wonder? But then, eating amylopectin starch didn't help...

"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Hey dlee,
The link on resistant starch is very interesting smile

I read in one of the pages (maybe one that you posted) that Konyaku noodle has huge amounts of resistant starch. I need to check up on whether that is true.. BUT the good part is that I don't react to it. The odd thing is it doesn't react to iodine, so that is why I am wondering about whether it really does have resistant starch or not.

D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Hi Zark,

You might want to check out http://freetheanimal.com as well. A lot of people experimenting there with RS.

So far I've stuck to Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch, cooked and cooled Potatoes, and Green Bananas. I'm on NSAID's however I've noticed no noticeable increase in inflammation and massively improved sleep and bowel motions. These things improved almost immediately. I'm cycling NSAID's on and off whereas previously I just took 1 per day. I want to get off them.

Sleep quality is unbelievable. I've spent 12 years sleeping badly due to AS pain and the last 2 years sleeping badly (difficulty getting to sleep, sleeping lightly, waking up 5 - 6 times per night) possibly due to very low carb since going on no the no starch diet 2 years ago (also no dairy, low sugar/fruit) which I suspect boosted cortisol hormone overnight as a result when it should be at its lowest.

I look forward to going to sleep now. I'm out within 5 minutes usually and sleep is so much deeper. I wake maybe once per night and go right back to sleep. However the sleep quality is sooo much better. The other morning I woke up and had no clue as to where I was (I was in my own bed).

I tried a bit of rice that had been cooled for 24 hours as well the other night. It was Basmati which is supposed to be one of worst for AS I read (on one of your posts actually) but it seemed ok to me in a small dose.

I take 4 tablespoons of the Potato Starch a day (2 with evening meal and 2 about an hour before bed). I now eat Potato (cooked and cooled for 24 hours then reheated in duck fat) 3 times per week (post workout meals). And now trying Rice as well. Noodles is definitely on my list for a little further down the track.

For me, adding the Potato Starch powder was an exciting experiment which fixed sleep and BM's and gave me confidence to trying adding back in Potatoes, Green Bananas & Rice. I added these foods back in because recently....funnily enough I had an urge to eat them anyhow after not having any for 2 and a bit years, and I also liked the idea of a bit of variety for the colonization of any beneficial gut bacteria.

I feel much better as a result.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Hey dlee, I'm very interested in this. Maybe it needs its own thread though.

Here is the guy that mentioned Konjac: http://eatingoffthefoodgrid.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/resistant-starch-and-sibo.html
He said "konjac is basically super-concentrated RS." and this is what Konyaku noodle / Shiritake noodle is made from. I don't react! No pain at all smile

D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Apparently Konjak is not a RS but similar to it and seems to have the same benefits. There is a little bit on it in the article below about 2 thirds down.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/vegetable.../#axzz30i9wOeDx

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Thanks dlee, very interesting smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 68 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,747 hmmm
1,323,293 OMG!!!!
711,862 PARTY TIME!