Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
R
I seem to get this strange symptom. Some mornings I just wake up like Im hit by a bus. My eyes ache and so do my sinuses, and I feel kinda achy all over. its basically like when you have a bad cold. It happens maybe once a month and can either lead into a bad AS flare up or just subside.
Nothing seems to help it at the moment.

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
when a flare is developing in me, i'll have a week or two of feeling like i'm coming down with something.......occasionally if i sleep a lot, like i do when i'm getting sick, i can get through it without flaring terribly........but more often, its the harbinger of a serious flare.

i had to get to a point of feeling well in between flares to recognize it. but my current rheumy (and other doctors) have me to that point.

as you said, nothing really relieves it, except for whatever relieves the flare. this last time, i tried a pred taper and that worked. i had been going into a flare:

for about a week, my ribs were more of a problem than normal, my chiro had more to do for me than normal, then i started feeling "achy fluey" as my GI tract started complaining, then came the mouth sores and the "irritated eyes" and on the day before my SI joint joined in, i truly felt like i do when i'm sick, and just sat in my recliner and babied myself all day. i wonder if i had forced myself to go take a walk that day, if that would have changed its course?

but when the SI joint kicked in, i started the pred. and just like magic, all the symptoms dramatically changed. the achy fluey feeling was gone in less than a day. everything else was all better within 2-3 days.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
R
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
R
yeah that sounds pretty familiar. I might talk to my Rheumy about that steroid. thanks.

L
LAK Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
i also feel like this often. it usually happens when i'm sleeping: feverish, aching, flu-like pain. i take ibuprofen before bedtime to help fever.

not much else i find that helps.

J
jmh Offline
New_Member
New_Member
J
So what if you feel like this for weeks on end does that just mean you're in a flare?

not sure, as my spondy manifests itself as flares that are much different than in between flares. for me its a wild roller coaster ride.

others here tend to have a more constant state of thing. i personally don't know what that is like. but others here may chime in.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,372,789 hmmm
1,326,183 OMG!!!!
713,933 PARTY TIME!