Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
ValsMum Offline OP
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Has anyone with RA tried LDN and at what dosage ? When did you feel improvements? What kind of improvements were they? What did you take for serious pain if you had any? It sounds like an interesting med since it helps boost the immune system and reduces the amount of flares. Thank you !

Last edited by ValsMum; 11/06/10 10:45 PM.

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
LDN Newsletter for November:-

http://www.ldnresearchtrustfiles.co.uk/docs/November2010.pdf

See also: www.LDNaware.org

"LDNaware.org has everything you
need to know about LDN all in one place
– informative
websites, patient forums, latest research, video
presentations, case histories, conferences to attend,
where to get LDN and more."

Also:-
http://forum.ldnresearchtrust.org/index.php?/topic/1835-november-2010-newsletter/

In addition - LDN Forums:- http://forum.ldnresearchtrust.org/index.php?/index

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Valsmum - here's a LDN RA story (from the LDN forum groups):-
http://forum.ldnresearchtrust.org/index....ch__1#entry4936

Very interesting. Lass is doing very well on the LDN, even managed to come off pred etc and eschewed Enbril! Her new rheumy is astonished at her excellent response to LDN.

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
V
ValsMum Offline OP
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Thank you Molly. I like to hear when someone comes off prednisone, that's exciting in itself. I read a little about it before, but lately I read it gives the immune system a boost.

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.

and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
Originally Posted By: ValsMum
Thank you Molly. I like to hear when someone comes off prednisone, that's exciting in itself. I read a little about it before, but lately I read it gives the immune system a boost.

You mean LDN gives the immune system a boost. Yes, am sure it does. Know that I very very rarely ever come down with any kind of a cold etc. Have had flue once, summat or the other once (and both these very very many years ago 50yrs/20yrs respectively!) And colds last no more than two/three days at most, that is 'when' I catch one. Had one 'whatever it was' last C'mas time. Horrible, but had run out of my LDN, so, was rather open to picking up an infection!

LDN is great.

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
when i was describing to my compounding pharmaicst (who makes my LDN) how LDN helps me (heals up inflammation much faster than without it, heals up tendon / ligament tears / pulls much faster than without it), he said that's the way many of his RA customers describe it as well. smile i could tell you a number of stories at this point that would illustrate how much faster; i have 11 years prior to LDN to compare to, and have been on LDN a bit over a year now.

hmmm? getting sick? i typically get a head cold once or twice a year, haven't had one yet on the LDN, but we'll see if i get one this winter before we judge. i never really got sick (infection wise) much before LDN, so it will take some time to decide if the LDN is affecting that area or not.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Well... I'm RF+ and my hand, knee, and foot pain are gone... But I haven't been officially diagnosed with RA. My mobility has improved so much, that's been just awesome.

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

V
ValsMum Offline OP
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Erika, when you had JRA where did it affect you? I had hip pain as a kid and awful leg pain/cramps at night that would wake me upi and only a hot bath or tylenol would help. Believe me I was not trying to get out of sleep, I could babrely walk to my mom's room at night I was in such pain. Now, In my 30's I was diagnosed with RA. My knees hurt the most.

Thanks for the LDN info, it's something I'm very interested in. I never had any prescription my whole life unless I had an ear infection, so I find it hard to take anything. I also know every medication has a side effect of some sort. So I try not to take too many. I really want to get off of prednisone ASAP.

I heard if your on a dose of 15mg your body stops making cortisol. What if your on a dose of 5-10mg for 8 months , does your body turn off the cortisol at low doses or not? I am never sure when I look up prednisone facts.

Last edited by ValsMum; 11/09/10 09:06 PM.

Hi ValsMum

I am also RF- but had sky-rocketing CRP and sed rate when I was diagnosed with RA.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Erika, when you had JRA where did it affect you?

I really don't remember anything but crying and sleeping for a year or two. My older sisters say my knees and ankles swelled huge, and the MD gave me massive doses of steroids and indomethicin. When all this pain started two years ago next week, I actually didn't connect it with the arthritis when I was a kid, but finally my sisters made me tell my doc and then the testing began! Evidently I'd just been in remission for 38+ years, which is a huge quality problem.

I never had any prescription my whole life unless I had an ear infection, so I find it hard to take anything.

I feel you. I'm 50, and until my late thirties I didn't take anything except ibuprophen, which is an NSAID, all of which I've become fatally allergic to... bummer. Now I take cymbalta for back pain, LDN for feet & hand pain and mobility, and muscle relaxers for spasms. Oh well, I really don't care anymore about taking pills, as long as the excruciating pain monster is kept at bay!

I heard if your on a dose of 15mg your body stops making cortisol.

I don't know about the LDN. It took me 2 months to work up to 4.5mg, and that's where I stopped. I don't plan to go any higher, because as far as I know the research says that's just about perfect. I think Molly takes 6mg, but I'm not certain.

My ESR and CRP is almost always flat, but I'm ANA+, RF+, and HLAB27+, and hardly any joint damage. But my sisters are ANA- and RF-, and only one is HLAB27+, but she doesn't have spondylitis.

Go figure! confused2

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (604), 70 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,453 hmmm
1,323,706 OMG!!!!
712,191 PARTY TIME!