Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
My Dear Wendy,
Wow thanks for the info.
My heart Dr. made two other appointments, Suggesting that the chronic pain with hereditary is causing me BP to be so high..
I am borderline, diabetic, both parents were also, I do have kidney problems, as did my Dad and his Dad. You have given me a lot to think about. I will have insurance for one more year, maybe I can get some things figured out.
Wendy, thank you, thank you so much. It has been a real blessing to come one today and see you and hear what you have to say. but, my dear, when I see you with that kind of tired and perplexed look, I want to get in my old buick, drive over to your house, and see if I can make you laugh>
I hope that you are feeling better, that you have a good day and that your life is filled with love and satisfaction.
agape'
Lon

WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Don't worry, Lon, my sweet funny four year old granddaughter is here today and she generates lots of laughts and fun.

Hugs

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
L
Lon Offline
L
Wendy,
Sometimes I ache for my grandkids.
But I donot have regrets as far as having fun when I am with them. Our 10 year old red head grandaughter is gong to be in the state of Kansas spelling BEE. She is so much fun, when she calls on the phone, she has a very low voice and talks kind a quiet. She often says, very deeply "stop it grandpa, you are just kill'en me"...
I got more details on my bloodwork. My heart is not pumping quit enough for the kidneys, liver, so thy platelets are way down, aunto immune illness sets in, affecting the bone morrow. Which causes exhasutiion! Now I know why I am so stinking tired.
Thanks Wendy, you are a good friend. But I do worry about you.
agape'
Lon

R
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
R
hi Lon,

Sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time at the moment!

I think that apple cider vinegar can also help reduce uric acid levels in the body, and therefore hopefully decrease some of the pain. I've been 'supplementing' with 2 teaspoons of ACV and 1 teaspoon of honey in a mug of hot water twice daily for some time (when I remember!)

I first heard about it here, of course, so it may be worth doing a search for more info?

All the best, I hope you find something to help!
-Anke

WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Lon,

I worry about myself from time to time, especially because none of the DMARDs have worked so far and yet my symptoms came on so fast and furious. I think a slower transition would have made it easier to cope. But still - most of the time I feel reasonably positive and I manage to keep working.

Like you, my work gives me great satisfaction. As you probably already know from previous posts, I work with young offenders and high risk kids, finding ways to support them to develop the skills and strength to overcome some of the horrific family and life situations they have suffered through. We have lots of great successes but we also deal with many tragedies and have to watch for symptoms of vicarious trauma.

Sometimes, that creates a great sadness in me and makes me realize that all the pain and struggles I'm dealing with now are nothing compared to the mental and physical anguish of some of these abused children who have been denied the opportunity for a happy life because their early trauma has left them too damaged to recover.

So... if you see any of this in my posts, my warped sense of humour or in my face, it's probably true. No point worrying about me though - any more than we all worry ourselves silly over you!!!!! We are each making a choice in life....................

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
L
Lon Offline
L
Anke,
Thanks a bunch.
I will try it. Is this like a tea drink for you?
Native American friend was making me some tea a while back! I loved it!
Lon

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
L
Lon Offline
L
Wendy,
It is with mixed emotions that I read your post.
I love you for the hard work you are doing for those who can not help themselves. I am so angry with some adults and the abuse and neglect they give thier kids. I have two grandkids, I am unable to see, and I miss them.
I have been invovled in making it more difficult for parents to abuse children, but it seems our society often thinks more of pets than they do kids.
I have been pain all my life, I think that is why I ran whild for a few years. But I understand about it coming on real quick and how frightening that must have been! When I have a flare now, it always seems worse than before.
Does fasting help?
You are a good friend, I pray that something will change and you will get some relief. Some itme ago the head of a children's home walked into my office and said that she wanted me to meet one of her new girls. I went outside. there was a beautiful child, coinfined to the dash. We talked / laughed a bit. She tried to kill her dad everytime she saw him. So they lock her up; but he did not go to jail for the abuse he committed1 We have just got it backward!!
agape'
Lon

WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you, Lon. Knowing the work you do, I figured you'd understand. Many of these children learn survival skills that get them through the abuse but those same survival skills get them into trouble with society and therefore the law yet it's very difficult for them to unlearn these behaviours despite the difficulties they get them into because they're deeply ingrained. Our job is to help them learn new behaviours and understand that the old ones aren't necessary any more.

Many of them go to jail and, as you said, their abusers often get off scott free.

I've tried fasting and it helps a little. The trouble is, I need energy to keep working so it's a catch 22.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
L
Lon Offline
L
Wendy,
I had a lot of love in my family, but when this stinking disease hammered me my sophomore of high school, I became angry. I understand why kids gith back and why they mess up. How can we get better laws written to protect these kids?
Do you go to an office?
Can you put your feet up?
Are you able to medicate while working?

I am going to a rheumy in Rapic City next month. I hope to get some help then. thanks for the chat.
Lon

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Lon - yes I do go to an officel; yes, I can put my feet up if necessary; yes, I can medicate while working. All good yesses and I guess that's why I'm still working. That and prednisone!!

I think the only way we can change the laws to help these kids, is to educate the public about what works and what doesn't so that our politicians start making decisions (and laws) based on research and actual knowledge and not on gut reaction and whatever they think will get them elected (i.e. pandering to public ignorance). A crime is committed, the media jump up and down, the public panic and the politicians start screaming, get tough on crime. Nobody in that cycle stops and says but WHY did this happen in the first place. What are the roots of the social dysfunction that led to the criminogenic behaviour. The current methods are bandaid solutions that don't actually work (the cut just goes septic under the bandaid). A bit like using NSAIDS for AS!!!!!

Oh dear... I'm getting on a rant... hope I'm not offending anyone!

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,373,137 hmmm
1,326,472 OMG!!!!
714,114 PARTY TIME!