Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hey Bridge,
Take an extra soak and drink for me while you are in the zone..

The little town I live in is around 650' at the river, to the high points in the area of up around 1700'. I live at about 775'

The climate here? Well if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes. Summer temps can reach well into the 100F degree range, normal 80F-90F, I have wintered at -45F, but usually in that 0-30 range. The air usually leans towards the moist side.

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

I'm at sea level and have been for most of my life except for 13 years at 3,000 ft and my AS flares everywhere. I find that it tends to act up most during sudden changes in weather - this last attack happened when there was a drop of 10C over two days which is a huge shift here.

Now since most weather change and rain is preceded by barometric pressure change there might be something to the elevation thing but AS does happen everywhere.

Hope that bath does you some good but once again careful with drinks and meds.

Take care. It's going to get better

Life is too good to let AS get you down. Kick it!
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi Bridget-

I am at approx 3000 feet elevation. I have only noticed that when I am in the White Mountains (between Arizona and New Mexico) at 7000 + feet I have some difficulty breathing- mainly that I get out of breath more easily. I think this is due to stiffness in my ribs and that I now breath from by belly because of it.

I know I have said it before but humidity kills me- hot and humid, cold and humid. Damp and my AS do not mix. Living in Tucson where it is dry 90% of the time ( we can stay at single digit humidity for months) seems to help. That being said we are having El Nino as you well know- and it is hurting me every time one of these storms move through. I think I am going to start going in a dry sauna- Maybe this would help you too?

Hang in there neighbor- I always like it when you post- if the weather is kicking you it's usually kicking me too. Misery loves company?? It's comforting to know someone else is nearby and having this rollercoaster ride too.

Oh and a small warm dog straped to each hip helps- I am thinking a cute baby girl would work even better! Hugs to you guys!!

naj Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Hi, I just heard someone with iritis say that she heard that higher elevations make iritis worse. She recalled trips to the mountains and it seemed that it triggered a flare, as she felt unwell, achey and then her eye began hurting.
I began wondering if many people felt this way, it must be hard to know as everyone is so unique.
I know that when I go on airplanes, the pressure isn't equalized perfectly, and I often get a migraine...and then just feel inflammation all over.
Places where there are a lot of changes in barometric pressure also seem problematic to many, including myself. So yeah, I wonder about the combination, like your mom said.
And one more thing: what about drinking enough....water! : ) I think a lot of us don't stay hydrated enough.
Hope you feel better SOON,
Jan

AS Czar
AS Czar

Hi, Bridget:

Quote:
Just wondering what y'all's ideas are on the matter

Certainly, actual barometric pressure can make some difference, but I consider that AS is a disease of lymph and if we overburden our lymphatic function with the byproducts of inflammation in the first place, we will notice atmospheric changed more than with fewer of these "dross" agents.

Generally, I think the barometric affects are many orders down from salient things we have better control over--like food and exercise. I have lived near sea level for many years, another ten years at 4000 feet, also, and been a diver--even during active flares. In my own case, I have not been able to observe much change with effective elevation and within a week gone from many hours below sea level between 2-3 atmospheres to above 10,000 feet in Colorado and experienced no perceptible differences in discomfort levels.

The absolute last thing I would change is elevation, but it is could be more instructive to observe others with AS--and then do the opposite of whatever they do. Maybe some go to church, some do not. Some wear orange and others wear green or even plaid. Some listen to rap while others listen to baroque, but universally those who continue to suffer go to doctors, take drugs, and eat starch.

HEALTH,
John

I
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
I
Hi Jan

I am totally with you on drinking water. Lack of water in our systems will play a major role in deteriorating any illness. We need 8 glasses of water per day.That might seem like a lot to some ppl but it isn't hard to get use to.
Ray smile

[Linked Image]
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Cold makes the stiffness/pain worse. Weather fronts-pressure changes CAN make pain worse, but doesn't always. I keep threatening to move south for the winter...down to south Texas.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
Cold makes me worse but I think that's because my muscles tense. I live just above sea level and rarely go to higher elevations, except when flying, so I can't really tell whether elevation makes a difference.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
This cold we have had this weather has me in so much pain. That cold plus the dampness of all of the ice and snow. I don't know about different elevations. I know when I went to Jacksonville Mayo when we were thinking of moving to FL, the Rheumie was against it because his regular patients have so much trouble with so many fronts coming in on the gulf side. I know the fronts really give me trouble.

And I have been 5'4" since I was about 12 so I don't know about "that" elevation change. Couldn't resist.

Possi

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

B
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
B
oooh rumble,move down here!Our lab is short and they're working me to death!!!LOL We are in a major tech shortage here in S Texas!!

Off antibiotics and now exploring mindbody healing.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 44 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,370,569 hmmm
1,324,929 OMG!!!!
713,029 PARTY TIME!