Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Wow, just stumbled upon this thread, much to think about...

but what really caught my attention was Angelmom's:

Quote:

I could go on and on about how many members here are a blessing, hope, my heros but they know who they are. And as miserable as I feel alot of days I do feel like I contribute here as much as I feel like I learn here. That is what makes this site so wonderful..before here I had never even heard of Mumbai (ankush) Kat, I never enjoyed broadway as I do now..lol, Alan..oh dear what can I say (hours of laughing) Possi, Gerri, Megan,Sue, Karen, Mig, Russell, Megan, Bridge, Brad, Sherri, Holly..and I don't want to leave anyone out because I may not be total friends with someone but that doesn't mean they haven't made a HUGE impact on my life. SteveC and Bruno, Lon, Loz & Jeanna, John, Dean, Dow, Moose, Farinelli, I know I have forgotten many so I am sorry but ALL of you are my second family.

which I of course, read as:

Quote:

I could go on and on about how many members here are a blessing, blah blah blah blah, blah, (Mumbai) blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah (something about broadway and some chap who apparently is quite amusing) blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, blah, Dow, blah, blah blah, blah blah blahblah blah blah blah, blahblah blah blah blah, blah......ALL of you are my second family.

2U Lisa!

Dow
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry mig I would just like to say as a weak minded sick self pittying sad example of a human being with AS what a load of %^^&*$%^^ go back to the hole you came out of and play your mind games.

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
OY IT ISN'T GREY IT IS VERY LIGHT BROWN...LOL

hI mIG

who on earth invented the caps key....!

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
No need to be scared of em Lisa, they are easily manipulable...(is there such a word!)

Well I do know that Mig has been looking for a way to dominate the world of KA, but thankfully we manage to keep her tethered up in the garage............well actually if I was scared of admin, it wouldnt be this charming gracious lady........or Mig either....

F
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
F
Great posts everyone. Thanks for sharing your perspectives.

Just a few points I want to clarify and add. I should not have used the term "normal" patient. What the hell is "normal" anyway? I should have said what I meant. The patient who merely walks into the Dr.'s office, does what he is told like a diligent patient and suffers all the consequences of that. Obviously from reading the other parts of this forum people are always searching for that elusive elixer to "cure" their disease.

Which brings up the next point I would like to make. I dont think it's a good idea to look to be "cured" or get "rid" of this disease. We have this disease for a reason. I have it to learn to look beyond my selfish self and look at myself and the world more holistically. It has been in more ways a blessing in my life. I would never have taken up meditation, yoga or looked at myself as a whole. A cure will only happen through the grace of (substitue word here for whatever you believe it spiritually).

Your [**BLEEP**] poor attitude about yourself only makes you feel worse. I can see it in the faces of people who post their picture on here. You can see the anger dripping off some people. It is not DENYING what you have to be positive or use methods to feel/experience something other then the ramifications of your illness. For example, since most dont/cant meditate, lets say you go to a good movie. For a couple of hours your attention is on the movie. Your not feeling/focusing on your pain. Movie ends. Back to focusing on your pain. See the difference? This is a small example of what your truly capable of experienceing. Depending on your will, attention and determination you can virtually have this experience in an unlimited way.

While a lot of people are munching on potato chips and wathcing t.v. at night I spend an hour meditating and visualizing healing energy in my body. In this state I am experiencing that I am not just my body. I am much more then my body.

Lets try another analogy. A conversation between a stranger and the poor me type AS person.

Stranger:"how you doing today?"

AS person: "oh I hurt so bad my AS is terrible".

Stranger:"I love the weather today, nice and overcast".

As person:" when the weather is like this it just makes my AS so much worse".

Stranger:"What do you think of Obama as our president?"

AS person:"Can I tell you a story. I had trouble breathing because a reaction to my pain meds. I went to the ER and they had the audacity to counsel me about it. They didnt listen to me when I told them I had bronchitis. They knew nothing about AS. I cant wait to write a letter of complaint".

Stranger:"You gonna watch the football game tonight?"

As person:"I cant sitting for that long hurts my sacro iliac joints."

Stranger:"Hey I gotta go"

As Person:" Dont you want to hear about my rib pain?".

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I needed a laugh and I'm sure you did not intend your reply to cause my or anyone's laughter, but after I read Will's post I thought unkind thoughts and said NOPE I ain't responding to that because if I did even my most even handed words would sound harsh.

So I see that you responded and think Hmmm could you find some wisdom in his words. I suspect not after reading your post. What is making my laugh , ( oddly perhaps ) is that I have this notion that your reply is you flippin' mad and yet your post is still quite civil.

I want Alan too say something just awful to you so we can see you just launch of in an expletive laden tirade. So sorry that your compsure is my souorce of laughter today maybe I'm just running into too many folks who get angry over ntohing lately and I find your composure a humorous contrast or maybe I've lost what little grasp I've had on realtiy altogether

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a very SAD person finnari I can honestly say I have never had the stupid conversation you have put up with anyone in my life. The people on here are positive and rarely complain. But even if they do whats wrong with that this is a site for people with AS thats what its here for to help each other and listen and support people not to insult. A lot of us on here put up with "bleep"like you on the streets every day staring and insulting us becuase we have Kyphosis or other diformitys because of AS and this place is were we can talk without any predudice from people who dont under stand what we go through or why we are like it.I hope you are happy in your life and never have to suffer like I have for 48 years. Im very happy I have plenty of friends on here who I have hours of fun with and dont have to worry what I say or how bad I feel. This is a great place of help and inspiration to many people no one gets turned away without a kind word . The positive attitude and humour in our lives is important and helps to get us through each day but you cannot cure or reduce the pain and difformaty by mind alone thats pure rubbish and gives false hope to people and does more harm than good.
So please dont come on here insulting every one stay in your own little world and day dream that you are cured.
Kevin

Last edited by kevin_A; 11/05/09 04:53 PM.
M
mig Offline
M
An expletive laden tirade, eh? Hey it could happen! Well, not today maybe but one can never entirely rule out the possibility.

I am delighted to have inspired a laugh in you Steve! Your grasp on reality is safe too I expect.

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
OK Steve your wish being my command.......lol..... Well I think blonde female tune eating canadian admins are just terrible; I think you are the biggest clot, I think that well goodness you disgrace.....(is it working yet are you winding up??? - Watch this space Steve, I think I have her heading to atirade any time now) errrr.. right now where was I.oh yes appalling, disgraceful

ALAN FOR HEAD ADMIN JOB (keep Mig out)

Oh yes any moment now....dum tiddly toot de toot dum diddly la.................

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Now Finnari come along, watching a football game...well now that is stretching the bounds of possibility........American football you mean? That is played with hands!!! Very confusing.AS is simpler and much more interesting to tell tales about.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,373,137 hmmm
1,326,472 OMG!!!!
714,114 PARTY TIME!