Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
Wow, just read your post Michelle, and this is exciting news! Look forward to hearing updates from you.

Brad

He who has a 'why' to live can bear with almost any 'how'.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

Sounds like everything takes time, discipline, and patience, and those are seven things I don't have.
--Jon Dore

While I know nothing about this drug, I think it has one thing going for it that should almost guarantee it is cheaper than all the other biologics, and that is the pill delivery. Every insurance company I've ever dealt with seems to keep all "injectable drugs" in a special class all their own. Don't know if this arose due to the injection delivery of insulin for diabetics, but I'd be surprised if that didn't somehow play a part. I think injection is always the least desirable form of delivery for drug companies, as it costs more to produce, has more side effects due exculsively to the injection itself (ie, infection and/or sepsis), and it is frowned upon by insurance companies. Therefore, it would seem that any drug that can be delivered in a pill instead of an injection (or, as in the case of Remicade, IV infusion) almost HAS to be cheaper. I would be happy to be shown to be wrong about this--well, happy isn't the right word, as that would mean there is a chance the pill will cost as much or more than the injectables, but you know what I mean!

And, if I am right and it is cheaper, how much cheaper remains to be seen and will likely not be known until just before they are ready to release this drug (assuming all trials go ok, knock wood).

Brad

He who has a 'why' to live can bear with almost any 'how'.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

Sounds like everything takes time, discipline, and patience, and those are seven things I don't have.
--Jon Dore

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Well, one thing is for sure Brad, it'll be more popular with the patients! I think production costs will be less given the pill form and I think we'll see generics popping up after the three year exclusive....the trials look great so far, from everything I've been told...so I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 32-Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 35-Interstitial Cystitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
i agree with you brad, that's exactly what i was thinking, that's why i asked.

sue

I'm hoping it will be less $ than the injectables.

But my bf made a good point - wouldn't you pay a few bucks more for the convenience of a non-injectable, non-refrigerated medication?

I certainly hope the drug company doesn't try to take advantage of patients because they know this will be a first choice over injectable meds.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited there is a new on one the horizon. I seem to have gone through nearly everything else available on the market!

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I hope so too Megan and I really don't see why it wouldn't be cheaper, it would really be great if Walmart would add it to the $4 list....hah! Seriously though Megan, I hope this drug continues to show so much promise, it would be absolutely wonderful if it delivers all that they hope it will....I know you've been through a lot at such a young age, it would be nice if you could find something that really works for you...I told my children about it tonight and they were pretty excited. Erica & Kristen both have been Dxed with Fibro since they were 15 and Erica also has a Dx of Rheumatoid Arthritis and her rheumy suspects Lupus, she had a really rough couple of years but when she turned 19, she went into remission and she only has pain occassionally but I reminded her tonight that given our family link there's a very good chance that one of them or one of their children will have problems at some point and it would just be great if we can find something that works before that happens. Well Megan, let's keep our fingers crossed on this one...

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Michelle,

This sounds exciting and I hope it works!

Keep us all updated and let us know if you are feeling any side effects ect...

Hugs,

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
I hope it works, and that it will not also work for MS. That is what I am looking for something that will treat all the diseases that end in 's'.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I hope so too Orch, I have two sisters with MS and the only medication that they're prescribed is Prednisone, one of them has been on it for over 20 years and the same for my Mother, she has Systemic Lupus...

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Michelle,

The doctor put me on Avonex (interferon beta-1a) for the MS. She said it is proven to slow MS down. It does not stop it, but it will spread the attacks farther apart. I am surprised that your sisters have not been put on a similar drug. I am scared of prednisone. I do have to use the drops for iritis. The gave me three day dose of solumedrol when I was having an MS attach.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,372,829 hmmm
1,326,235 OMG!!!!
713,961 PARTY TIME!