Hi LINCinNYC and all the strong AS kickers....

A word of warning and a little history of my case... I was on a biologic called revelex infleximab for 2 years during 2014 to 2015 and thereafter one more year that was like in 2017 to 2018. In the beginning I had mild nagging back pain and that was severe for me at the time, As i thought. However I took the biologic and felt amazing almost cured! I then stopped and started again for one year more and after a while my CRP started to climb up also noted by the Rheumatologist, said that I have built up antibodies to the biologic. The biologic started to affect me badly during the infusions since I had antibodies to it I started shaking heavily vomited etc and felt very sick taking it...
I even went as far as removing the tube from my arm and draining the Biologic drip into the sink when the nurse was not looking...Since it
made me feel extremely bad...I then forced the doctor to stop it as It was not making any difference to my condition and CRP was climbing...so there was no point in taking it. I then asked for a new biologic the doctor told me there was no funding for Humira and still wanted me back on Infleximab. I refused to take poision.

Long story short, 8 years later my CRP continued to Climb and my condition got really bad with me on crunches for 2 years, and now with severe kyphosis and posterior pelvic tilt. I was just wondering how did my condition got this bad and then I realized it all went south after leaving my biologic...It is the only thing I have done to affect my AS health condition which went from mild back pain completely "normal" to crunches! and wheel chairs....

A BIG WARNING to ALL thinking about bioloigcs if you have mild pain and symptoms I would lay off Biologics as an option of treatment completely as it Seems, Biologics are designed for you to be on them permanently or until they fail to work then move on to another Biologic
otherwise all hell will break loose....if you stop completely !!!!!!

In my opinion Biologics should be illegal to give to patients because in the long run they cause more harm than good....

All the best

Lee

Last edited by L33; 02/03/23 09:29 PM.

HLA B27+
Have AS since the age of 13.
Diagnosed in 2005 at the age of 22