The remarks about doctors can really get me going and so I'll stop already since it isn't productive. Yes, just find a different doctor and in my estimation it could easily take more than ten different doctors before you find a competent and empathetic one!!! Sadly most must be in the business for the status, money and their over-inflated fragile ego.

But I know a case of a woman that spent 15 years going from doctor to doctor being diagnosed with bulimia. Finally the last one she met decided to ignore the history file and opinions of other doctors and listen to the patient. He discovered that she actually had Chron's disease and she improved after all those years of suffering.

My mother broke her arm and an incompetent surgeon decided that she didn't need surgery. After a year of monthly visits with him telling her that she's getting better according to the monthly "rigged" X-Rays despite her telling him that the pain is not going away. I finally got frustrated with the situation and I took her to a different doctor at a non-government run clinic that did a thorough evaluation. Upon the next visit you could see his fear regarding her case and he told us that he can not get involved since she is the responsibility of another surgeon. We immediately called the original surgeon for a visit. Upon walking into his office (I was already about to take his head off before ever seeing him) he spun around on his chair stating that surgery was planned and that the best surgeon would be taking care of her. Obviously the doctor at the private clinic called the surgeon lacking enough sympathy for he suffering. The surgery worked. I don't know why that doctor would let her suffer for over a year with a broken arm that was never going to heal. He deliberately had her arm positioned in the X-ray to hide the break and I can only imagine that the technician was involved in the fiasco as well.

I have at least a dozen stories like this and it has given me a very biased perspective of the whole medical establishment -- there is ample incompetence and they definitely cover each other's arses! It is a sad fact that doctors score lower on medical school entry exams in comparison to physics majors, engineering majors, and many others. Perhaps it is a good idea to interview the doctor regarding what their undergraduate major was and their GPA. "Just 51 percent of students who enrolled in medical school in 2012 graduated with degrees in biology, according to the Association of American Medical Colleges data." -- https://www.discover.com/student-loans/college-planning/majors/become-a-doctor.html

So, on a positive note, don't fight with any doctors. Get a different one and try rating your MD http://ratemd.com/

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal