My name is Paul and I mentioned in a previous post I would update people every few weeks on my experience with Humira. FYI, I am a 25 y/o male - diagnosed 6 months ago after a long 4 year journey of hell with back pain like others. I'll be keeping an update log here for people to read on how Humira affects me for the next little while. I hesitated for months on starting this stuff, but i can't take the pain any longer. Like most of you on here, AS is extremely exhausting and debilitating. I've had to quit jobs, stop all my sports and as an active person, its been difficult. So i'm praying this stuff works!

First Injection March 8/14:

I built up the level of pain of the injection with the pen, however, it stings obviously! It was not unbearable at all. I simply pinched some fat on my thigh and did the shot and took a deep breath before and held it in for 10 seconds. It's important to get your head psyched that this WILL eventually help a lot. I had hardly any skin irritation and iced the area after for about 5 mins and then was totally fine after. Nothing else to report.

Second Injection March 22/14:

I was told I should let the drug get to room temperature before injecting - but after doing that this time, I found it actually stung a bit more for some reason. This shot stung quite a bit, but I injected the other leg this time. A bit more irritation this time around the area but nothing that bad at all. Since the previous injection I haven't felt any improvement just quite yet. Remaining hopeful that it will start to work soon. I am in my 3rd week and will do my next shot on April 5/14. Still experiencing pain when sitting at work and unable to bend forward to tie shoes or stretch. I am not taking advil much at all, and find hot showers are still the only things that help me with pain management.