I found this posted by somebody from this website/forum http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=38&m=1662417&p=3 who spoke to the person in Australia using this process

Yesterday morning I spoke with Prof T Borody who is the Director of the Centre for Digestive Diseases in Australia where they not only treat patients they also carry out a lot of research. This doctor is highly qualified and highly experienced and for those of you who don't know, had a lot to do with the Nobel Prize won by Barry Marshall for discovering that Helicobacer Pylori causes ulcers. Barry Marhsall spent many years in trying to get the medical community to take his ideas seriously as is often the case in the sciences.

Prof Borody told me that they have carried out Fecal Transplant (FT) treatments on over 1300 patients and that their success rate is exceptional to around 90% and they have been doing it for many years. I do not believe for one second that this Professor of Gastrenterology would make such claims if they were not true.

He explained that medical science had not even scratched the surface in identifying all the different strains of flora that live in the intestinal tract. He also explained that it was highly probable that not all pathogenic bacteria have yet been identified. And he went on to say that human feces is alive with billions of probiotic flora. He believes that digestive diseases are caused by infection and a subsequent upset of the flora of the gut. He said that swallowing probiotics are mostly ineffective because they are so unlikely to be the right strains and also unlikely to reach the colon in sufficient numbers to make a difference. He said that the most pure and highly abundant form of good probiotic bacteria comes from feces from a healthy human donor.

The fact that FT has worked for some people on this board on a DIY basis surely proves the efficacy of this treatment because none of the people here were able to follow the protocol that Borody and his team have formulated over many years and yet they still got good results. Yes, there are some here didn't have success but then that is arguably because they were not able to follow Borody's protocol.

Borody puts people on a strict low fibre diet for 2 weeks prior to treatment. He also treats them with antibiotics as he wants to reduce pathogenic numbers as much as possible to help the good bacteria take a foothold. He also ensures that the donors are tested to be healthy and that their stools are also tested (many asymptomatic people carry C. Difficile). He then does FT a number of times over a number of days. And when he does the FT he uses a colonoscope so that the whole colon can be implanted or he places the implant via a nasal gastric tube into the duodenum (I believe) so that the small intestine can also benefit as some people have Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. After the FT the patient then embarks on a high fibre diet.

So if we consider the above protocol it is not surprising that some people here have not been too successful but it is equally amazing that some people here have been successful and I propose that this just adds weight to the potential success of this treatment.

In addition some people here used babies poo which I understand because it is readily available if you have a baby but again this is not ideal as a baby's poo has not yet evolved completely and will not have all the desired healthy bacteria (when a baby is born it has no bacteria at all in its gut).

The thought of using someone else's feces is a bit stomach churning but most people would be quite happy to have a blood transfusion or a liver transplant wouldn't they.

I have to say that if anyone here is consdering trying FT but are unable to go to Australia to have it done then they should follow Borody's protocol as much as possible as surely it stands to reason that he knows a darn site more about it than anyone here (no disrespect meant).

NSD almost all the way
No dairy hard cheeses occasionally and homemade ghee
Still trying to work out what makes me tick and what makes me drop

'Chew your drinks and drink your foods'
'Let your knife & fork do the work of your teeth and let your teeth do the work of your stomach'
Mahatma Gandhi