Originally Posted By: Sagar
Hello Phil,
I want to know since when you are on NSD to get 99% pain control.

I started it back in October I want to say ... however I was also exploring many other things to relieve pain around the same time (started humira, epidurals, natural supplements, antibiotic therapy).

I am not sure 100% now if the LSD is what helped me, but I haven't eaten many potatoes since then and my morning back pain has been gone. If the epidural is what alleviated my pain, then the pain should come back in about 6 months, June of this year. I do not think the humira had anything to do with it because My pain was gone before I started it.

Anyway, my morning back pain and stiffness are gone. I still have some minor joint discomfort in the morning occasionally. I am thankful for every weekend that I can sleep in now. No more waking up at 4:30am and struggling to get to the shower or bath, then back to bed for hopefully an hour more of sleep ... no more 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I now can sleep 10-12 hours on the weekend, and I take full advantage of it ... I love sleep now grin sleep ... I missed out on so much sleep last year and it was making me a miserable person, I am so thankful for the ability to sleep in now, I don't think my wife is so thankful though because I sleep half my weekends away.

I hope everyone with USpA & AS can find relief. This summer was horrible for me, it took many months for me to grasp the thought that I may never be able to rest again like I wanted to for the rest of my life. I feel that the LSD/NSD had some positive affect on my change in well being, but I also think that starting the probiotics had something to do with it too. My gut feels in a much better state now compared to last summer.

So, I urge anyone who is trying the NSD to also take probiotics. Also, if you can find a doctor to perscribe minocin, I recommend that too. I am only a month in to antibiotic therapy, and won't know for many more months if it is working or not, have not had any blood work done yet to show results.

• Diag - USpA/AS JUN-10 // HLA-B27+
• Humira started DEC-10, every 2 weeks
• Started Minocycline antibiotic therapy JAN-11
• no/low starch diet started OCT-10
• Natural Supplements: Super Joint Complex, Omega 3, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Milk Thistle, Men's Multi, Probiotic Blend, Zyflamend