Hi Sue

"The Rhomboid muscles are often overlooked, but they are frequently a location of Trigger Points. The Rhomboids are very thin muscles which have the tremendous responsibility for much of the movement and support of the shoulder blades. Due to the enormous amount the shoulder blades are used daily, the Rhomboids are often overworked and over tired, leading to chronic Trigger Points".

I get pain often, on the upper right side of shoulder down my spine and only occasionally on my left side.

It is very painful, and seems to take my breath away. When I have upper back pain, sometimes I associate this pain to be part pleurisy. Other times the pain goes further down my shoulder down my spine, to the center of the back. I have much GERDs, and GI issues, which causes breathing issues.

I don't know if these 3 things are related. As these pains are familiar now, I seem to role with the punches.

Just a thought, GERDs related (upper GI - leaky gut problems) - try cutting out all sugar, see if that helps. I also have put the head of my bed up about 4 inches. Also I stuff pillows behind my back, in front of my stomach, and between my legs. These help stop the constant moving. I am finding it helps with the cough, associated with GERDs. Still have pain in center upper back though, think this is AS related.

Any panic attack I may have from this, is what I believe to be the result of oxygen depreviation.

Hugs
Gerri