Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So I wanted to tell my quick story of pain to remission in the last few weeks. And maybe it'll help someone with the same problem. I had been in remission for a while. But had come down with huge amounts of pain a couple months ago. Mainly in the shoulders and collar bones. Horrible pain. And I was starting to get really depressed because I was eating so clean. 100% nsd. Just fruit, lean meat and veggies. And I was in agony. I couldn't figure out what was affecting me. Even after going down to a handful of foods. Untill last week.

Long story short as far back as I can remember I've always ended my day with dessert. So when I went nsd I kept that same mindset. I always ended my day with fruit/dried fruit after my dinner. I even waited 3 hours after my dinner to eat it. To give my stomach a chance to digest the meat and fat. But as a last resort cause I had almost eliminated everything from my diet except for a few foods, I decided to make my last meal of the day the meat/fat meal. So during the day I ate all the sugar( fruit sugar) I wanted. Berries, Dates (lots of them). Raisins..ect. And then at night I'll have my dinner of meat and steamed veggies and roasted olives. And I'll be darned if my shoulder pain started to go down. And at this point it's almost virtually gone and Im almost back to 100% remission.

I was shocked. I was so dang stubborn. I thought 3 hours is long enough to wait before eating sugar. But in my case it wasn't. The last week has been great. I've been able to enjoy unlimited dates and berries all through out the day with no issues. I guess the science behind it is fruit on a empty stomach can digest very easily and quickly.

Anyway just wanted to share this for anyone out there who is still suffering and can't figure out why cause they look at their diet and its all "NSD safe" foods. It may not be what your eating but when your eating it. I'm eating the exact same foods this week as I was two weeks ago when I was in agony. Just at different times. Now im in 100% remission..Strange huh??? That's the power of food combining

Last edited by tux; 10/16/14 08:27 PM.
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
I am a huge believer in food combining!! I feel like a broken record on here and times when I suggest it. There is total real science behind it too, based the ph acidity of each type of food and the balance of stomach acids to properly digest foods. So glad you shared your experience, I know it will be helpful to others to read it.

My motto is "eat dessert first!"

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
L
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
So duting the day are you just eating fruit for breakfast and lunch or areyou having otherfoods as well?

Interesting observation...

I do not eat fruit with my meals for reasons you stated, I save them for treats between meals.

But I have been doing fairly well however and have not noticed with saving fruit for 1-2 hours after meals for now.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: lulu12
So duting the day are you just eating fruit for breakfast and lunch or areyou having otherfoods as well?

I've been having veggies through out the day as well. But no meat or fat. The two things that take longest and are hardest to digest. So Meat..olives..oils..nuts..ect. I wait till my last meal/ meals of the day to eat those. And then I intermittent fast for a good part of the next day before I start eating again. And anyway I've seen major benefits.

Some people can combine sugars, fats, proteins with no problems. I just wanted to post this for people still struggling on a strict nsd. To give them something to think about and To be very careful eating those three things together.

T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: bettyrawker
I am a huge believer in food combining!! I feel like a broken record on here and times when I suggest it. There is total real science behind it too, based the ph acidity of each type of food and the balance of stomach acids to properly digest foods. So glad you shared your experience, I know it will be helpful to others to read it.

My motto is "eat dessert first!"

Yea I thought about you when I was posting this..lol..I've seen all your posts on this. But again was still just SO darn stubborn. I didn't want to admit that it could be a issue for me. But it looks like it may be.

R
New_Member
New_Member
R
Where can I find out more about food combining? Still new here and learning. Thanks

Smiles
Bobbie
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hi, Bobbie:

There is a simple rule that is very important to those of us with AS: Never eat something that slows down digestion along with something that could act as a bacteria growth medium.

The Dr. Wm Hay method can be a basic guideline, and Jackie LeTissier wrote her "Food Combining for Vegetarians" after discovering this way to treat her AS. It is, however, somewhat confusing and she seemed then unaware of the role starch itself plays in this disease, but she was successful in staying vegetarian using her method.

Stuff like cheese (especially fresh varieties like mozzarella) can bind us up and also provide some environment for the bad bacterium. Hamburgers--combining starch with fat--can really exacerbate AS, for example. But even eating French fries alone can often send us into a flare--well, these are fried in fat and a starch, too, so Hay might hold up.

We need an alkalizing, laxative diet, not necessarily emphasizing meats, but getting plenty of vegetables and safe fruits.

HEALTH,
John

R
New_Member
New_Member
R
Hmmmm feeling overwhelmed. Lets hear what you all eat in a day? Where can I find a menu. Been doing no starch and no sugar but from what I just read I am eating all wrong......

sigh

ok done whinning

Smiles
Bobbie
L
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Im with you Rebelle its all so overwhelming. On top of doing NSD I am trying to follow Paleo and SCD....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 76 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,910 hmmm
1,323,369 OMG!!!!
711,945 PARTY TIME!