Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Try thinking of it as a big loop, with the original trigger event as the beginning, sent to the brain, the brain reacts by getting concerned and nervous, and sends messages BACK to the body, increasing muscle tension, inflammation, higher heart rate, etc, which means MORE messages are going to the brain...

Dow
New_Member
New_Member
OK, I know excactly what you mean.
It is one hell of a feeling. For me, I could say that it reaches the sence of extinction. My heart beats so loud in my head that i think that it has been relocated in my mouth.
I've had this kind of crisis 3 times from last summer and i don't know what is causing it but it happens when I am exhausted or in great pain in the thorasic part of the spine.
The doctors describe it as panic attack and it seems that it is combined with great doses of vertigo.
It feels that the central nervous system is involved.
The crisis lasts for a couple of horrible hours in my case. The only thing i can do to overcome it, is take one or two tranquilizer pills, lay down, cross my hands over my chest and take deep breaths until it wears off.

Pure horror...
I wish not Sue not anyone experience this feeling again.

Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
SUE,

I JUST REALISED WHEN I HAVE FELT THIS. It was when my blood pressure spiked dangerously high from prednisone. It is the only time my bp has ever been high. It felt like I was being crushed all the way around my chest/back and my heartbeat was like a bass drum in my head.

Have you checked your bp lately?

-hugs. Donette

Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Sue, have you had your doctors look at your c-spine on MRI? My c-spine is all messed up from multiple previous traumas, and it fused down toward the bottom. My whole left shoulder area hurts pretty often as a result. Muscularly it tends to refer through the neck musles, causing me severe headaches.

I know I'm in danger of getting a rep as an herbal nutjob, but have you tried large doses of valerian? That's what usually relaxes those muscle groups and breaks the nasty cycle for me, because it's a superb, non-addictive muscle relaxant with few side effects for most folks aside from mild sedation, and that might aid in shutting down your anxiety, which may be a significant part of your cycle. (Anger can set mine off and exacerbate it.)

Not prescribing, of cours, just suggesting. If you try it ley me know how it works for you...

John

Author: Mayan Solstice: A Novel of 2012 (http://www.createspace.com/3420054)

If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat.-
from "The Door into Summer" (1957), chapter 1 (Robert Anson Heinlein)

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. (again, RAH)

P
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
P
Sue;

I'm a little late to the discussion and see my thoughts (yoga, deep breathing, mediation, acupuncture and so on) have already been suggested.
It sounds horrible, indeed.
The cause and effect suggestions offered here sound legit too..I'm no scientist, but many logical explanations are offered.
I sure hope there is relief in your near future.

Tracey

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation" - Plato
J
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
J
hi Sue

right now whilst you are not feeling great this might be abit too much, but when you are feeling better youmight want to look at this. There are quite a few other blogs relating to this one and I remember that it rally helped me get to grips with the Alpha Beta GABA Wave thing. And has helped me o end to quieten my nervous system. I now sleep through most nights and even when is severe pain much less likely to have an attack of the nervous system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKwD7oYnYmM&feature=related

Love Joanne

My name is Joanne and I am about to go for tests for AS. Any advice would be much appreciated
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Interesting. I am and have been going through sort of the same thing. Actually am going tommorow for an endoscopy due to gastric woes occurring and have lost a precious 8 pounds from my already too gaunt frame.

Initially not so much from the pain but I am so fused and tight in the neck and shoulders its just a constant throb. It got me to go to heart doc because of the pounding heart felt throughout my body so loudly and the feeling you describe of being out of your body. I would say that I feel hollow within myself.

SO far only things that has helped was pool exercise and floating weightless on my back. I take styrofoam barbells to make myself buoyant and float 15-30 monutes on my back twice a week at least. That and using the same barbells to stretch my arms has offered some relief so far in the short term.

Again cause and effect are speculative and I have made some dietary change at same time but the pool things seems to work. Warm pool works much better for me and lucky for me the local gym has heated therapeutic and cooler lap pool

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
Sorry to hear that, Steve. However, can I offer you some of my very generous prednisone pounds? I've got a few to spare right now (I am not at all gaunt) that I'm trying to give away. I could send them by Canada Post if you're interested... No charge...

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
Sue22 Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
don't know? it sure doesn't feel that way, but i'm open to trying various techniques. deep breathing, meditation, and other forms of relaxation, which i'm very good at, do quiet my mind, but really to this point have done nothing for the pain. only physical methods seem to touch the pain. plus, a lot of it is while i'm asleep at night, still i'm open to the possibility, even if i'm not sold yet. i guess we have to experience something ourselves before we are convinced.

with that said, the flector patch over the rhomboid area seems to be helping quite a bit. that plus laying on ice while i sleep.

but i did wake after 3 hours and my neck was killing me, since i have to lay differently for my back which isn't so good for my neck. so i rubbed KIP gel on it, took another muscle relaxant, changed the flector patches, and slept another 3-4 hours, and when i did, my neck was much better, so am also a firm believer in the KIP gel as well.

i just might beat this thing.......if only i didn't have to start classes in 2 weeks, but it seems like i'm getting control over the situation. fingers crossed, toes too.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Sue22 Offline OP
OP Offline
i do think its the same thing!

for me its that horrible pain in the thoracic area of the back. mine lasts a little past when i can get that pain down a notch or two, mostly its been by standing up since sitting uses that torn tendon or muscle and using ice on it. or getting out of bed and doing focussed deep breathing, since laying on it also causes it. but of course that means i can't sit or lay.

and yes, when i read the physical symptoms of a panic attack, those are the physical sensations i am getting. there must be some nerve thing in that area as louise and others described.

i'm hoping i don't need drugs for this, but if i do, may i ask what tranquilizer you take, i could ask the doctor about those.

thanks,

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,115 hmmm
1,323,530 OMG!!!!
712,041 PARTY TIME!