Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Wendy,
About 10 years ago, Lin bought me a hot tub / spa.
I used it all year round. Even rolling in the snow when I was feeling more robust. But last winter I just did not want to go our in the bad weather and mess with the lid and walk in the snow. But It does help so much.
The more modern bath tubs are not nearly as comforfortabel as the old ones used to be.
For several years I could not wear a suit and tie, because that left colar bone was nearly throbbing.
I am stil not sure of the diagnosis. Since I am negative once and donothave as much fusing they always say I am not AS.
Yet, I am fused and am losing joint motion..
Have a good weekend, my friend.
Lon

Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
There are winter nights here when it gets to like 18 degrees and I really wish our hot tub was closer to the house. I often have to dig a pathway though the snow, and sometimes I just barely make it, if I slip or fall, I wonder if I might just freeze solid right there- snowflake1

But imagining the local headlines the next day would be enough to find the strength! eek2

Dow
L
Lon Offline
L
Dow,
I had ours on the deck.
But we wanted more room so I set it next to the house. But it is in the shade and there is too much ice.
I told Lin I was going to move it out int he sun, so I would
usee it more!
And when I had the heart toruble,I was not able to stay in as long...
But right now I think I iwll go home and get in a hot bath!!
Well, in a bit maybe...
Dow you should put one of those med Alerts around your neck, in case you would slip..

Lon

Originally Posted By: Lon

The more modern bath tubs are not nearly as comforfortabel as the old ones used to be.

lon, so interesting that you say that! we've been pseudo-planning a bathroom renovation for the last few years. i say pseudo because we want it to happen but don't very often actively do anything in that direction. fits and starts. but it is slowly evolving (in our minds). anyway, one of the big stumbling blocks was to find a new tub. wanted one with the jets and that heated the sides to keep the water warm longer, but so many just felt so uncomfortable, really tall steep sides, very narrow in places (many), almost like i'd imagine a coffin would be or something. so then finally i decided, you know, i like my old bathtub, i think i'll keep it. and i'll keep the toilet too, its nice and low and doesn't show the snaking pipe in the back like most of the new ones. so once we decided to put old fixtures into a new space, well, one stumbling block down. but interesting that you say the same thing about these tubs, thought it was just me smile

Originally Posted By: Lon
I am stil not sure of the diagnosis. Since I am negative once and donothave as much fusing they always say I am not AS.
Yet, I am fused and am losing joint motion.

interesting that you say this too lon. i wonder if there is a subset of spondylitis that includes the inflammation but doesn't involve fusion. as i've got the inflammation but no evidence of fusion. while the inflammation is a pain (figuratively and literally), thinking i may never have to contend with fusion is a comforting thought. just one less thing to deal with. and if i can get the inflammation under control, then i've got my main problem licked, perhaps. just my thinking.

i can't remember, will have to go hunt, or you can tell me, what kinds of gastrointestinal difficulties do you have? for me, far as they can tell, i just have gastritis (ulcers running in the family), so just inflammation of the stomach, not the intestines, though when the stomach goes really far south, then the "IBS" symptoms, in the form of loose bowels are right there too, but always the stomach first, then the inability to digest and absorb my food, loose weight during this time too.

always thought it rather interesting that i have inflammation of tendons and ligaments at the entheses and gastrointestinal difficulties, both inherited.

thanks for saying these things, very helpful.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Lon,

yes - the collar bone throbbing is nasty isn't it. I was quite startled the first time I saw it sticking out (from swelling). If I put any pressure on my collar bone it makes me squeak!

My doc as ordered x-rays on my hips because I know have pain deep in the hip joint, not just the bursae. Probably won't show any damage because I haven't had this new pain for very long (a few months). Still, I guess it'll give me a baseline in case it gets worse.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
med Alert, very sensible idea, much too practical for me

Hope this gives you a laugh-

I must make it out there probably 360 days out of the year, even when the wind is enough to make the top of the tub nearly fly off.

It's just a time to listen on my iPod to some music or a news podcast, and have a beer before going to bed.

but the other day, the rain was really coming down, which is not a problem, because after all, I'm sitting in tub of water anyway. The iPod has a waterproof case, I've learned the hard way that they don't last very long if they fall off the ledge...

So the problem is my nice headphones. Normally when it rains, I reluctantly use the white earbuds that come with the iPod, figuring that they had a better survival rate than my favorite pair. But this time, one channel wasn't working, only could faintly hear one side, with the thundering rain, couldn't understand what was being said. So back in to the house, leaving a trail of dripping water, went looking for a solution. Marsha had a shower cap, tried it, no too small. What to do? I found in the pantry one of those nice white plastic Apple store bags, that some people like so much that they just buy ANYTHING from the store for. So yes, put my nice bulky headphones on, the Apple store bag over that, and back out into the hot tub I went, the rain pouring down in buckets, sitting there with this big plastic bag on my head!

Perfect! although I imagine it must have looked like a Jiffy-Pop pan had cooked too long! eek2

Dow
laugh2

that's the funniest thing i've read in a while!
the image is priceless!

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Please get Marsha to take a photo next time!

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
okay, just for you, Wendy!!

This new photo of me in the hot tub during the pouring rain, wearing a bag on my head:

Dow
WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok - I'm standing by...................

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 68 guests, and 95 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,261 hmmm
1,323,611 OMG!!!!
712,105 PARTY TIME!