Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
D
Originally Posted By: Timo
[quote]please show some studies (or even one study) where a procedure/diet/medicine that works for you proves that it will work for everyone else.
"Professor Alan Ebringer and his team began trials to assess the effectiveness of a new dietary approach to treating AS. A good deal of success has been reported by many AS patients enjoying great relief when following this diet. In this section you'll find the dietary recomendations, various notes and several of the papers Prof. Ebringer published on his theories of molecular mimicry and autoimmunity."
https://www.kickas.org/index.html (KickAS.org : Diet Centre)

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Originally Posted By: darryn1972aussie
[quote=Timo]
Quote:
please show some studies (or even one study) where a procedure/diet/medicine that works for you proves that it will work for everyone else.
"Professor Alan Ebringer and his team began trials to assess the effectiveness of a new dietary approach to treating AS. A good deal of success has been reported by many AS patients enjoying great relief when following this diet.

Good deal and great relief does NOT mean it works for everyone, would not be classified as a cure. It has consistantly been shown the diet does not work for everyone.

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

D
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
D
sorry to hear your horse is no longer with us. very fine looking horse indeed. RIP

D
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
D
so the whole Diet Centre of this very website is a waste of time is it? just there to make this site look pretty?

No it is for those who CHOOSE to try it not have someones opinion shoved down their throat.

Free will and all that..what works for 1 doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

D
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
D
the medical centre proved fruitless for me, and ive got AS. so drugs dont work for everyone either -so is this whole MEDICAL CENTRE section of the website useless as well? MEDICINES didnt help me. can you please give me link to any study that proves medicine is the answer for everyone would be great.

Nobody here (last time I checked) is trying to force their opinions on others...diet or medicine.

I tried the diet to the best of my ability and did not get the relief I felt like i needed. Now that I am on Remicade IT has provided me with the relief I needed.

YOU seem to continually be the ONLY 1 taking issue with "the diet" and anyone who doesn't agree with you. Last time I checked this wasn't a democracy!

You have issues with KickAS, the diet center, those of us who choose not to follow YOUR way of thinking you know what you can do!

Last time I checked everyone else here seems to be happy with KickAS and its forums but I am also use to people here being kind and courteous and in support of one another!

D
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
D
by darryl...do you mean me?
do you want my food list sig put back? (food list i eat)ill most certainly do this for you my friend with great pleasure. pimp

Last edited by darryn1972aussie; 03/01/10 12:10 AM.
AS Czar
AS Czar

Hey, Darryn:

It is in "...Cross-Tolerance Hypothesis" paper:

Actually one of the wrong-way patients was ratted out by his son years after the study: "Dad always has a potato with dinner; says it is not really a proper meal without it." For purely scientific purposes, Ebringer kept him in the chart.

The instructions were to "follow the London AS Diet as closely as possible but within your comfort level."

ESR tzero and t+nine months.

I say it does not work for every patient, but what removes their subjectivity? ESR for patients who indicate disease activity, but the better tests are not available.

So if a person goes from ESR=77 to ESR=53 after nine months, will they be aware they are getting any better? When the pain needle is pegged, it is difficult to tell and in this case way too subjective. Some of these people will take over 2 years to become pain-free thanks to diet. That is why it is better to start off much more strict.

It is very easy for people to get frustrated even before 9 months, but especially if they are not more strict than the LSD.

bon appetit,
John

AS Czar
AS Czar

Ah, Molly:

Not a dry eye in the house, now!
Can't imagine losing a horse (another reason I don't have one), but have lost many pets and it is never easy.

Best to You,
John

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,369,098 hmmm
1,324,085 OMG!!!!
712,501 PARTY TIME!