Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
P
New_Member
New_Member
P
I worked for the post office for years and I thought it was fitting. I did not ever go postal there, but there were several tempting occasions....
Gail

P
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
P
copy cat

You havent lived until you ride a wave .The best medication of all SURFING.
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Because I am one.

Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Don`t you pray for me Sigrid, I never asked you to and I don`t want you to.

Kaz.

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
What a list! My eyes! My aching eyes!

Alrighty here goes...

Chelle is my name. LadyFierce is who I am.

I've always been a fan of medieval times and renaissance culture...the origin of the title "Lady". My grandmother blessed me with long lectures about the importance of "being a lady", ideals which I dutifully discarded throughout childhood only to embrace later.

"Fierce" took a little more soul searching...

From pagan studies, my birthday makes me a Leo, the Lion...Leos are ambitious, strong, passionate about their beliefs, creative, noble, and powerful.

Also, I'm a fire sign..."Like fire itself, fire signs are powerful and a force not to be reckoned with when out of control. Fire signs rarely let anything stand in their way. They can come across as being bossy, and often egotistical. If crossed the wrong way, fire signs can do irreparable damage and hurt one's feelings.

On the other hand, much like the name they represent, fire signs can cast beautiful light into otherwise dark and foreboding corners and situations. Fire signs are full of movement and vitality. Their energy is attractive and people are drawn to them."

My horoscope is never right, but the signs fit

(on a side note, during these studies, I discovered that my son, my daughter, myself, and my hubby make up earth, air, fire, and water...pure coincidence)

A dear friend once told me that I reminded her of a lioness...on first look calm, pensive, laid back...but inside strong, clever, always the protector. And if ever my family is threatened...Fierce. The word stuck in my head.

So to completely switch directions, and make a short story long...

As I was growing up, it was my mother who taught me the meaning of unconditional love. How to give courage when the storms come. How to always hold my head up in strength and Faith..Like a Lady.

My father, a career marine and policeman until the day he passed, taught me how to stand strong no matter what the battle. How to fight for what really matters, and never compromise myself or my values...To be Fierce.

So I guess like many people here, my name comes from my parents.

~Chelle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
F
I am a big Frank Zappa fan, the late american composer.He wrote a song about monster movies of the 50's.when i was a fraternity boy, many years ago at Cal Poly SLO,he had a song i related to about Frunobulax, a giant poodle that just ate Japan,it was my fraternity name.
Kev

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Childhood nickname by my little brother trying to say my name as my Mother called me Joycie and his came out Possi so Possi I stayed to my family. We just never knew how to spell it. LOL
Possi

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

ironchef
ironchef
yo,

i've discovered that in europe i get called 'hawaii ben'...even though i live in connecticut (snow/ no palm trees)...

i always respond with the observation that hawaii is also a state of mind...and this old hippie does still think
that any conversation that starts and ends with ' hello/goodbye/i love you' can't be bad.
best
aloha Ben

P
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
P
Well, I finally had a chance to read all 22 pages of this thread . . . and my neck is feeling stiff (go figure!!) . . . but it's been great to hear everyone's stories!

Mine is just my name. In retrospect, I wish I'd been more creative, but I didn't think about it when I was registering.

Paula

Meanwhile I live and move and I am glad, enjoy this life and all its interweaving. Each given day, as I take up the thread, let love suggest my mode,my mood of living. (Fred Kaan, 1975)
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Ok, Ok, Ok,

I want to get in on this to...lol

OMG here alot of people are like it is my name, my kids couldn't say it and then here comes Kat with this big honkin story that is wonderful and blows the rest of us away...lol

My name Angelmom came from my AOL, or MSN screen name Our4Angels. My husband and I have 4 children which we consider to be gifts from God (all children are)

Basically my whole life has been dealing with children. I had my first child at 19. My husband use to be a youth director at our church and we developed long lasting friendships with alot of our kids.

I did in-home daycare for a total of 15 years where I kept 8 children all under the age of 5 and I did it very well...now, I couldn't do it...lots of times since then I have wondered how I did it...lol

I had a children's consignment shop named Our4Angels that catered strictly to children.

I have taught children's bible classes for years, tons of kids at our house in the summer.

We are weird parents. My 2 oldest girls didn't get to go out on dates we made them bring their boyfriends and their friends here and we partied...in a good way...lol We just felt like at 15, 16 or 17 boys and girls don't have much on their minds except their hormones, so we watched movies, played games, went out together and basically became friends with their friends. There are SO many kids out there today that aren't getting what they need at home, so we tried to provide some of that in our home.

Our 2 youngest are 7 & 11 so we will have to go thru it one more time...lol

Ok, ok the name Angel mom basically came from Our4Angels and the fact that thru the years I have had alot of people say Oh, how could you put up with that many kids or you are an Angel, I couldn't do it...lol

Thus the name Angelmom,

Lisa

ps great question!!!!!

Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 68 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,372,685 hmmm
1,326,118 OMG!!!!
713,899 PARTY TIME!