Happy and healthy new year to all.

Hello from a long time lurker, especially during the flare depressions when I occasionally recalled that there were others walking the streets with knives in the hips, backs, shoulders, necks, mattresses, sneezes..!

After financial and employment issues forced my change from private health insurance, and public insurance meant that mysteriously every rheumatologist in the country (Germany) was full and no longer accepting patients, I managed to score an appointment with a brilliant young doctor who discovered a cheaper new biosimilar to Humira called Amgevita.

I haven't taken any biologicals since 2014 since at that time they were not approved in Germany for non- radiological showing cases (i.e. no significant deterioration or fusion yet apparent).

The doctor told me I'd need a cool pack from the pharmacy to transport the box of 6 pens in my hand luggage together with the medical attestation.

Imagine my dismay when upon arriving I open the cool pack and discover that the ice block has fully defrosted and there is no discernible coolness inside it, meaning that the entire precious (and (*&^(*&^ expensive) contents are all only good for the next fourteen days.. so a solitary and hence rather useless dose is usable of the whole 12 week package.

Apart from screaming into the abyss there's not much I can do about it now, but I am desperate to find a foolproof way to transport them the next time I can get a prescription (April!!!!!!!!!). Can anyone share their positive experiences?

I considered either
-adding another ice pack (but this may cause the biologicals to drop below 5 degrees centigrade)
-packing the coolpack in my luggage as the cargo hold is of course much cooler during the flight than the overhead locker

Are there small excellent cooling cases people use and can recommend?

Thank you dearly for this site and for sharing.. I will never forget the first time I read through posts here and cried-laughed when someone else described the pure torture of sneezing during a flare..

41, diagnosed 2010 with AS, positive test HLA-B27, Humira 2013-4, daily Arcoxia, about to begin with 'new' biosimilar Amgevita, generally following low starch diet