Hi

I'll be brief. I've had AS for 18 years, fused vertebrae, pain all along, uveitis flares. 2 years ago I discovered the low starch diet and miraculously, and to my sceptical disbelief, the pain vanished.

I'm a professional structural engineer, having a scientific mind I've been researching and starting to self experiment after reading everything I can, particularly Alan Ebringers papers.

The only simple indicator of active AS is the level of C reactive protein (CRP) in the blood. Typically this is 6mg/L for normal person, 15 for light AS, 40+ for strong AS.

For the last 4 weeks I've been logging all my food with an Android app called Yazio. This gives a 'reasonable' measure of starch consumption. Once a week I pay for a private blood test . I'd say my strictness for the diet is not great over this period. For the next 4 weeks I'm going super strict, as close to zero starch as possible. Then next 4 weeks eat a heavy starch diet.

I'll post results soon.

My question to the community and the power of the internet, can we make this more scientific and increase the sample size with some more participants?

Last edited by GeorgeHolland10; 12/07/18 10:15 AM.