Originally Posted By Exacta
Anyone have an opinion on pork skins aka chicharrones as a no starch snack food? They are fried, but w/o starch, and they show up negative on my iodine test.

I didn't have an opinion but thanks to you I tried them! They appear to have a tiny amount of carbohydrate but I seem to tolerate them just fine. I'm not much for junk food but I have missed treats like popcorn and dark chocolate, which are both a no go on NSD. Pork rinds are definitely helping fill that void, so many thanks for the post.

My next snack test will be roasted seaweed. Nori seems to be free of starch but I actually haven't tried it yet to see how I react.

On the sweet side of things, I've been experimenting with homemade jello and gummies. I seem to tolerate them but I'm still working on my gelatin ratios and flavours. Does anyone have any fruit juices that they have been ok with? So far apple juice and tart cherry juice have turned out starchy though pomegranate was fine.

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner