hi trish,

glad you got to start the LDN! clap

do let us know how you progress. smile

i've been on it almost a year now. rainbow

as i've mentioned before, never any side effects i could detect on it. but others do report some sleep / dream issues, so hard to say if its the LDN or as you said, maybe being a bit nervous about it? but even if its the LDN, something that is supposed to subside from what i read.

how am i doing on it? well, as i've stated before, it does help tendon inflammation heal faster. but i hadn't been through a significant flare since i got over last falls, so didn't know if it was preventing them or minimizing them or if i just hadn't had a bad one yet.

well, 2 weeks ago i started feeling really bad. first with mouth sores, then the calf cramps, eyes and joints and bowels and hot flashes, and just feeling really awful. so i can say it doesn't prevent flares. however, after 2 weeks, i think the worst is behind me, think it did help my body recover faster from the flare. not sure it minimized the symptoms, as i was pretty much a mess for those two weeks. and i messed up my upper back / neck bad enough that i was so worried we'd have a repeat of last year, but it is a lot better after only a week. i could be wrong, but based on my experiences over the last 12 years, i do think the LDN is what is allowing my body to recover exceedingly fast as compared to before the LDN.

just would like something to prevent the flares and inflammation in the first place. have that for my SI joint (the flector patch). now if only i could find something like that for the rest of me! roll

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)