The problem is, Tinkerbell, that not everyone has that kind of success going NSD. Some of us respond very well to a LS diet. Some don't respond either way. It's just like every other treatment for AS. I have no doubt that some people with AS have a kleb-related trigger, but I do not believe we all do. Nor do I believe that kleb p. is the absolute cause of AS. There are too many other variables, most of them still sadly misunderstood.

You have found the treatment that will probably be key to controlling your disease for the rest of your life. That is such a revelation, I know. It's like a miracle when we are able to live our lives without our most constant companion, pain. Most of us find that a mix of several treatment types is the way to go. Most certainly, I have.

As for doctors, I think they are slowly coming around to the idea of using diet as a potential treatment component. It's going to take time for the idea to take, but as more of us have frank and open discussions with our rheumies about using diet and how good we feel having eliminated most or all starch from our diets, the more may come around. But whether or not you will ever convince them all that kleb. p. is the be all, end all? They will have to find the evidence much more varied and compelling than it currently is.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"