Welcome and congrats on trying the diet! I think most of us got off to a bumpy start - I felt like every day I found yet another food I couldn't eat. Lots of mistakes and missteps. But keep faith that you will get the hang of it like the rest of us smile

I was surprised to find foods like carrots, apples, cabbage, parsnips,grapes and squash all had to go (at least for the first six months). But I also discovered new foods that weren't really part of my diet before like celery root (great sub for mashed potatoes), kiwi fruit (don't peel, just slice), zucchini "pasta" and rutabaga "fries". I also tried cooking more meats at home, like osso bucco, lamb shanks, and goat. In some ways it was fun to figure out new things to eat.

Best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner