Hello my name is Jim and I live in Michigan, USA. I was diagnosed with AS and was told there was nothing for me but anti-inflammatories, pain killers, and muscle relaxers. I asked three doctors if there was any exercises or diets I could do to help, they all said no. I discovered the AS site "surfing" the net and tried the no starch diet to the best of my ability. I am still learning what products do or don't have starch in them. It has been about 5 months now and I have discontinued 3 different medicines and take only muscle relaxers on an as needed basis. My As was pretty well advanced). There have been complaints on the site about people who read the site and never post so I thought I would post another success story. I was taking the $1,200 a shot latest stuff and it didn't help but starch free diet did.

I have also had some healthy weight loss. I attribute it to avoiding products with "high fructose corn syrup", "corn syrup" and "corn starch" in them. This is just about everything in America these days so I have gone very natural which has also turned out to be a good thing. I live on a farm and one doesn't have to spend much time in the country to know if you want to fatten an animal up feed it corn. Perhaps that is why so many people are obese these days. Cheers Jim R