Kickas.org
Posted By: ankitm A few questions about AS - 08/20/21 11:41 PM
(I hope it's ok asking it here)

I was diagnosed about a couple of years ago with AS - peripheral AS to be exact with major symptoms being swelling and pain in ankles and left knee. MRI revealed the bottom 5 vertebraes had fused together. Was given Adalipca as any of the DMARDs did not work. I was able to walk after that, and only occasionally felt pain, but now I cannot run, and any sudden change in balance really hurts the lower back. Is it normal? Would I ever be able to gain running ability again?

Of course there is pain when I sit for too long but that has been common since last 18 months post Adalipca helped recovery.

Lastly, the immunity. I now have minor infections which takes days to go away. Would it be like that always?

Thank you for all the help. I hope this is not repetitive given everyone would have these questions when dealing with AS.
Posted By: DragonSlayer Re: A few questions about AS - 08/21/21 02:43 AM
WELCOME, ankitm:

I was able to walk after that, and only occasionally felt pain, but now I cannot run, and any sudden change in balance really hurts the lower back. Is it normal? Would I ever be able to gain running ability again?

Yes, but it is all up to You and Your ability to overcome this disease. I was exactly the same way until I went on a protracted fast (20 days water-only). MANY people have regained athletic functionality after a few months strict NSD; we are each different.

Of course there is pain when I sit for too long but that has been common since last 18 months post Adalipca helped recovery.

This aspect of old "lumbago" will be considerably relieved through diet.

Lastly, the immunity. I now have minor infections which takes days to go away. Would it be like that always?

Whether or not doing the diet, it is important for us to supplement aggressively, especially with vitD, zinc, vitC, collagen, calcium, magnesium, copper, and Bcomplex. Good to use EVOOil very often and follow the proper diet.

HEALTH,
John
© Kickas.org