Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
~ In Memorium ~ Jump to new posts
Chuck Payton Gremelin 12/06/21 11:41 PM
(Information from this page taken from the KickAS Memorial)
Chuck Payton
June 10, 1965 - August 1, 1999

Comments left by the support group for Chucks Family
Originally Posted by Tony Browneller
Chuck, I will miss you. I wish your family the best in such a difficult time. I hope you have found peace at last.

Originally Posted by Rose
My thoughts and prayers are with you in this very difficult time. I wish you and your family only the best. God Bless and keep you safe.

Originally Posted by Pete
To the Payton Family,
My sympathies and prayers to you during this time of sadness. Chuck was our brother and we shall miss him.

God be with you

Originally Posted by bec
We will all miss Chuck. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and friends. He is safe in God's arms... with no more pain.

Originally Posted by Steph
My heart goes out to you and your family at this very sad time. May you have the strength and support around you to help get you through.
Deepest Sympathy

Originally Posted by Beverly
Dear Mrs.Payton, Words can't begin to express our heartfelt sympathy.Please put your trust in the Lord to carry you through this extremely difficult time. He knows your suffering and fears, and with Christ you're never alone. We're praying for you and your children.

Originally Posted by Donna
We are all praying for your family in this time of sorrow.

Originally Posted by Joyce
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your all in my prayers.

Originally Posted by Bobby Van Wyngaarden Durban
Dear Mrs Payton and family. My sincerest condolences and may you all receive the strength of God in this time of loss of your beloved husband and father. Chuck will endure no more suffering and have everlasting peace. God Be with you.

I pray that you and the children will become strong and united through your loss. Chuck was our brother and he will be dearly missed. Please contact us if you need our support.

Originally Posted by Connie
My deepest condolences to you and your family. May God be with you.
0 10 Read More
John Alexander (Lakecounty) Gremelin 12/06/21 11:05 PM
John Alexander (Lakecounty)
June 6, 1945 to December 25, 2003

Under his username of ‘Lakecounty’, John made only 74 posts here at KickAS. Since he was such a very big part of my KickAS experience that seems far too few, and I’m sure it does to anyone wise enough or fortunate enough to realize what a gem he was.

I know from John’s KickAS profile that he was a mechanic and married at least 35 years to the best girl in the world. My own dad is a mechanic and I value my wife with the same fervor; maybe that's why I found a kindred soul in this man I never would have met were it not for KickAS.

I regret the fact that interpersonal connections over the Internet only open such a small window into the lives of others; in an ideal world I would have loved to have had John as a neighbor. Apart from on our KickAS forums and in the chat room (where he was always Lakecounty or a friendly cup of coffee to me) there is far too little that I got to know about John and his life. In some ways it makes me feel unworthy of saying much about the man I met here, the man I hope would want me to call friend.

I spent very many hours with him in our KickAS chat room for the sleepless year and a half I spent during my daughters' new lives. John was a treasure all of those long nights. He was thoughtful, humorous and always genuinely concerned. Indeed he was so interested in my family and me that I found myself most disappointed when I couldn't find LC and his coffee cup in the chat room. He would share with me anecdotes of his grandchildren and stories of his family always in the most unassuming manner and always with some kind of punch line. He made me comfortable in my own very anxious early fatherhood. I am so thankful to him for that.

The times in which we live frequently appear to be dominated by selfish thoughtless people. John was my reminder of how good and how selfless folks can be. At 2 a.m. a new dad with my penchant for rambling can go on a bit more than most folks can bear, but John was never anything other than supportive and humorous.

When his cancer struck it became more obvious how noble a man John was. I know I complained more about my AS than John ever complained of his battle with cancer. He might offer a word or two about his tiredness from treatment or that he wished he could get over the fatigue, but then he would move on, even if you pressed him about his health. I have been complemented here at KickAS for being upbeat, but John was surely upbeat’s personification.

The irony of KickAS is that while it brings people together from around the world, most of these people never have a chance to get together in person. I'd give just about anything for a cup of coffee (or something stronger!) and a face-to-face sit down chat with John Alexander.

Originally Posted by SteveC
Dear friend, maybe one day we can have such a drink. My choice would be to have it with a golf view and lots of kids running about, and just you and me shooting the breeze about nothing in particular.

I miss you and although it was all too brief, I’m truly glad I met you.

Goodbye John
0 8 Read More
Linda Hartle (Marabella) Gremelin 12/06/21 10:39 PM
Linda Hartle (Marabella)
19th November 1947 - 8th July 2003

To the family and friends of Linda Hartle:

After stumbling upon www.kickas.org about two years ago I first met Linda online. It was a time of confusion with a new diagnosis and health concerns for me. Linda was one of the first to welcome me and quickly we found that we shared a common interest in healing.

From that point on I felt as if a part of me that was lost had been found, almost as if she was the sister I had longed for all of my life. I could share with her and never feel apprehensive. She opened her heart to me during the darkest moments in my life. Every time I would log on to the KickAS forums and see a envelope flashing I already knew it was Linda that had sent me a message. Linda always made me smile. She liked to use the grumpy face icon, and that would always make me chuckle no matter what kind of mood I was in. Linda had a way of making everyone feel special. Her love was unconditional. She was very proud of her son Craig and we enjoyed sharing many stories of family outingings. She enjoyed listening to Celtic music and, of course, cats!

When she first mentioned that she was feeling tired and not herself I was worried. You see Linda was always reaching out to others and she had never complained when she was tired before. In fact she was apologizing for complaining despite it being normal for us all to feel sick from AS. When she let me know the news about the cancer it felt as if my heart had shattered. Immediately I knew one of the first places I wanted to travel to next year was Erie, PA to meet this special lady. I wanted to reach out and hug her over and over again. Even during her sickest days she was still thinking of others. She put on a brave face and many times when I wanted to speak to her, she would tell me she was going to call me instead on her cell phone free time. I didn't get to speak to her and I only think that it was because she knew how serious things were and was trying to spare me some pain!

I only knew her for two years but Bill, Craig and her wider family were blessed to have her for so much longer. I still can't help but want to see Linda's username when I log in. She was my comfort, my friend, and felt like my sister from another life. Without doubt she was one of the most beautiful people I have crossed paths with. What hurt most of all was the process of letting Linda go, but that is balanced by the comfort of saying goodnight to her every single night in my prayers. I believe that Heaven has a big reception and that she can still hear me. I picture her swaying to the Celtic music and smiling down on her loved ones.

Lots of love to the Hartle family.
Angie Santos
0 8 Read More
NSD and diet-related; Jump to new posts
Re: Psyllium husk...starch? sexyAS 12/03/21 05:55 PM
I don't think it contains starch. I have been using a pre-bread mix called KZ Clean Eating Bread Mix for bread where you can add water and cook it fast. I found this was one of few ways to bulk up on fiber. You could try it.

I do blood work often for inflammation markers because it's free. I had inflammation CRP and ESR. When I did my strategy for no starch, I reduced my blood work to zero inflammation on diet alone. The problem was getting HUNGRY without starch or certain type of carbohydrates.

I had a dietician recommend adding LUPIN BEANS to my diet. It worked to boost my energy and reduce the food cravings from going zero starch. I am going several years without progression or activation of Ankylosing Spondylitis now.

For anyone out there that works out at the gym and needs energy, but does not want to include STARCH in their diet.....

1. Consider making a loaf of bread without starch to replace that habit
2. Add lupin beans (mostly protein) and roast them with a BBQ sauce or other flavor for snack time
3. Switch to lactose-free cottage cheese or yogurt to reduct the sugars your gut is feeding off (It's sweeter too!)
4. When swallowing pills or herbs or consuming water, you can use a herb tincture called Astragalus and put a few drops in the water to actively reduce inflammation
5. Eat and load up on broccoli, bacteria can't latch onto certain cellulose in the GI Tract
6. EXERCISE was the biggest factor in keeping the progression from happening, when I stopped the GYM during Wave 1 of COVID, everything painful came flooding back in because I was not practicing any of these habits above...

Ultimately, I am not giving medical advice or professional guidance. This is what has worked for me. I have not progressed. Going starch-free might not be the only thing that other people need ot do.

If you find following something super strict hard, the best you can do while keeping it simple is daily exercise for more than 45 minutes with 1 day break.
7 11,579 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
I can eat cooked starchy vegetables - on NSD.
by MORPHEUS - 11/27/21 10:43 AM
HSV-infections treatment
by Helen77007 - 11/22/21 09:40 PM
The mechanism to full remission of AS?
by thebluedog - 11/06/21 08:54 PM
How many of us had / have covid?
by DonCA - 07/23/20 09:19 AM
Psyllium husk...starch?
by Oknean - 07/11/11 03:21 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,066,147 hmmm
1,213,423 OMG!!!!