Kickas.org
Posted By: alephknot starch free supplements? - 06/24/12 02:35 PM
hi everyone,
i was wondering if you all had suggestions for what supplements i may need in starting this new diet.. i have also cut out diary so im wondering if i might need any supplements for whatever that may have been providing me nutritionally?
i dont see much on labels about being "starch free" so i was hoping some of you know some good brands that dont have any starch in their vitamins.

thanks!

kelly
Posted By: Alinus Re: starch free supplements? - 06/24/12 08:53 PM
i don't think that you need any.

except maybe D3 vit, for it's antiinflammatory factor.

just my 2 cents.
Posted By: la_monty Re: starch free supplements? - 06/26/12 03:17 PM
Nutrients are the real deal but i just love them in organic form. Primo quality foodstuff is the go. My only supplements were kelp granules as the sea provides everything in the right ratios. Good food costs no more than bad food supplemented with chemicals...
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: starch free supplements? - 06/26/12 06:40 PM
Hello Kelly,

In States early with diet I supplemented more... then started slowly doing less and less. I am uncertain how much it really helped me... but I have always ate a lot of greens/veggies with NSD diet... and I believe that helps.

Currently in Argentina I do not supplement at all for 2 reasons... cost her is painful to wallet and food here is so fresh and therefore I believe better. Where I buy fruits/veggies I know it was picked the very same week.

some supplements could flare me in States... following I did not tend to have issues with.

- Centrum multi vitamin - may have some starch listed on label I believe... but I never had issues.
- Solgar I think... I believe even label says Starch free if I recall.. now getting to be long time since took though.

Supplement I would still consider in STates if not getting probiotics from food(Yogurt, Saurerkraut, Kefir) is probiotic supplement. I believe it helps with gut healing and also helps with IBS and keeping pathogens at bay.

I know some here (not even on diet) supplement with Vitamin D heavily, there may be some merit to that or a good multi vitamin.

Take care,

Tim
© Kickas.org