Kickas.org
Posted By: PaulS Update on 6 years starchless - 02/11/08 05:17 PM
Hi all,

I thought it was time for a brief update on my life on the NSD.

I'm GREAT!!

No pain. Healthy. All movement restored. Living fully.

Thanks entirely to KickAS. I wish you all equal success.

Paul
www.paulschmidstudio.com
Posted By: Karen_the_Mouse Re: Update on 6 years starchless - 02/11/08 06:34 PM
Wonderful! Love the art!

Karen
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Update on 6 years starchless - 02/11/08 09:25 PM
Good to hear Paul and thanks for the update! I will hit the 6 year mark in March this year with the diet.

wishes for continued success on the diet!

Tim
Posted By: JeanneMedina Re: Update on 6 years starchless - 02/16/08 08:26 PM
Thats so good to hear! I am about 1 1/2 years and doing great. Did you also have to give up or cut back on sugars (dairy or fruit) as well? That made the difference for me, now I am 100% pain free, and able to tolerate fruit and dairy is moderation.

Do you take any supplements, like probiotics? Any food in particular you think helped (like I use loads of coconut oil now). Any treatments you would recommend?

Great Website! It must have been torture painting in pain. How fantastic it must be now. I bet you can go all day.
Posted By: PaulS Re: Update on 6 years starchless - 02/20/08 04:39 PM
I was just up in the mountains this weekend sledding with my daughter. On several of the runs, as I smashed into one of the moguls, I remember thinking: "If I were not on the diet, that one would have snapped my spine."

I don't do anything special anymore except avoid starches. I keep dairy to whole milk yogurt only, drink no sodas, eat no candy except chocolate (primarily dark chocolate.)

I do consume a lot of fruit and have never had difficulty with them. I love all sorts of dried fruit, and daily eat from my own fruit-and-nut mixture. Being slender by nature, I lean towards high-energy foods.

I lift weights, do yoga, backpack, kayak, all without hinderance from my AS. I'm about as lucky as a guy who's had a second chance at life can be.

Yes, I still have AS: I was a guest at a dinner party where the meal was a bit starchy and woke up to a small flare.

The great thing about the diet for me is that it requires no willpower; I just will not go back to a life in pain.

Best of luck,

Paul
© Kickas.org