Kickas.org
Posted By: jpinperth Spinal Stenosis - 01/22/14 12:38 AM
Hi

Has anyone had surgery for spinal stenosis ? I would love to know how it went .

Janet
Posted By: snowshoe Re: Spinal Stenosis - 01/23/14 01:53 AM
Currently fighting this...trying to avoid surgery by stretches, shots, etc. Think they do this these days with minimally invasive surgery but it's still surgery therefore trying to avoid if possible.
Posted By: Possi Re: Spinal Stenosis - 01/23/14 03:02 AM
Sorry Janet. I just answered your post on the Main Forum if you don't mind going back there. Mine certainly was not minimally invasive but I know it depends on exactly needs to be done.

Blessings.
Posted By: jeffntate Re: Spinal Stenosis - 01/25/14 07:02 AM
I'm going to have a laminectomy and posterior fusion this year for severe central stenosis.
Posted By: snowshoe Re: Spinal Stenosis - 01/26/14 11:10 PM
It sounds like you had "the works/full service." Yes it depends on what they're doing but I understand a lot more back surgery is done MIS these days. What I had done decades ago involved a long incision + 10 day hospital stay now can be done MIS & go home same day...practically drive-thru laugh2

Anyways, thrilled to hear how well you've improved. I had a good outcome w/back surgery in medieval times. You made the right decision for you.
Posted By: Possi Re: Spinal Stenosis - 01/31/14 08:14 PM
Best wishes for a good outcome Jeff. Let us know how it goes. I am very thankful I had mine!
Posted By: brianinvanc Re: Spinal Stenosis - 07/19/14 01:56 AM
Hi Jeff I hope that you are well. just wondering if you have had your surgery yet and if so , how it went.
Posted By: jay_bharat Re: Spinal Stenosis - 08/28/14 04:30 PM
Hi,
Today I consulted my Rhuemy and explained my problems with difficulty in walking even a short distance even after taking heavy doses of pain killer. He examined me and said Remicade is working. On further examination, he suspected pain due to nuero claudication. He adviced MRI for canal stenosis. He also adviced nerve conduction test. I proposed to undertake them next week.
I would like to know how to manage this problem from those who are suffering from this condition. Is this manageable with medication?

Jay
Posted By: Lon Re: Spinal Stenosis - 08/30/14 05:37 PM
Jay-
Hi
I have limb pain and tingling all day every day from stenosis. I am not convinced yet that it would be worth it for me to have surgery.

It is amazing how much pain we can get used. But finding good endorphins and stuff to laugh at become increasingly difficult.

Please keep me posted, I care.
Posted By: jay_bharat Re: Spinal Stenosis - 08/31/14 06:30 AM
Hi Lon,
I am planning for lab investigations, MRI and nerve conduction study, in a couple of days. Presently, it is limiting my movement to very very short distance.

Jay
Posted By: jay_bharat Re: Spinal Stenosis - 09/10/14 09:15 AM
My MRI results have come.

Quote:
Hip Joints
Degenerative acetabular osteophyte in right hip joint .
T2 hyperintensity in ischiofemoral ligament.
Subtle edema in the inferolateral aspecy of right femoral head.
No evidence of avascular necrosis
Bilateral sacro-iliac joints appear normal

Lumbar spine with screening of whole spine
Straightening of the lumbar and cervical spine is seen.
L4-L5: Diffuse disc bulge is seen causing bilateral moderate neural foraminal narrowing.
L4-S1: Diffuse disc bulge with posterior protrusion causing ventral thecal sac indentation and bilateral mild neural foraminal narrowing. Posterior annular tear is seen.
Degenerative osteophyte and dehydrated discs are seen in multiple levels
C6-C7: Diffuse disc bulge with posterior protrusion causing ventral thecal sac indentation. No significant spinal canal narrowing / neural foraminal narrowing.
Degenerative spondylosis
Degenerative disc disease
No significant cord impression / cord edema

My Rhuemy informed that there is no abnormal thing and prescribed methylcobolin and anti depressent. I really do not know why I am unable to walk longer distance (ie. 250 m).
Any thought and advice.

My nerve conduction study has revealed normal.

Jay
© Kickas.org