Kickas.org
Posted By: grinnbearit Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/23/04 01:32 PM
Thought I would restart this beings we have startred to thin the pack (Sorry Cheerful, Maggie}... Guess we'll lose the Toronto contingent soon...

Mike

Posted By: Doug Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/23/04 01:37 PM
Mike, you trying to break history in the making???

Doug

Posted By: grinnbearit Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/23/04 02:11 PM
Nahh Doug,
Just going with history as the Cup now and will continue to reside south of the border.

Mike

Posted By: douce Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/23/04 07:29 PM
We were tired.....nervous....not prepared....a touch of the Ottawa flu!
We'll kick some Philly butt next game....uh....right Doug!

Posted By: Maxine Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/24/04 03:46 AM
Too damn right!!!!! Poor baby Phillies had to have a break just to think about facing our LEAFS!

We'll get it right next time, no worries. As you said, they were tired, and they just wanted to get the "feel" of the team. I heard that the ice was pretty cr*p too.... real slushy. They said that there is another team using the ice on the alternate days also. Maybe we should "pass the hat" to buy them a new zambonie!!

Hey.... anyone watch the Habs get creeeeamed tonight??? My poor French hunny bunny is sulking in a bad way.... Oh well.... Game two will come soon enough.

Meanwhile, just in case I havn't mentioned it before.... GO LEAFS GO!

Maxine

P.S. Anyone heard any news about Sundin??????

May the roof above us never fall in, and the many friends gathered below it never fall out.
Posted By: alohaben Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/28/04 12:26 PM
aaah, no disrespect intended,

but are the Toronto "Mulch" (decomposed leaves) ever going to score a goal in round two?
not only a sweep, but a shutout too...is the snow off the golf courses yet?
aloha Ben

Posted By: tinynic Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/28/04 01:16 PM
We don't need to worry about the golf courses yet Ben. Although it looks bad for the Leafs, it's not impossible. Esche hasn't been tested yet, and once we get a couple past him his confidence will go south of the border as the cup get closer to north of the border. You'll see a different Leaf team tonight, especially if Nieuwendyk can play. And just to echo Maxine, GO!!!! LEAFS GO!!!!

No one said life would be easy, just worth it.
Posted By: sarnia Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/28/04 10:23 PM
Things are going quite as planned for the Leafs. Coach Quinn has some magic potion he will administer (not that they really needs it). The score will be:

TORONTO 4
other guys 1

As for Detroit, they are just warming up with Calgary. It was a good game to watch last night. They'll win the series.

Murray in Sarnia

Posted By: tinynic Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/29/04 07:25 PM
Good call! What's the outcome of tomorrow's game with the Leafs and Philly? I know Philly will come out with all guns firing, but I feel Belfour will keep them in it until the other guys pick it up. My call, Leafs 3 - Philly 2. That was a much better game for the Leafs last night. I don't think they've hit stride yet. They're close, but not quite. GO!!!! LEAFS GO!!!!

Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/29/04 09:30 PM
That is a good call.... hope you put some money down on that.

Tim

Hope is only a post away with KickAS.
Posted By: sarnia Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 04/29/04 09:31 PM
Well, for tonights game (which doesn't start until 10 pm)

Detroit 5
Calgary 2
The last game was really good. The crowd was amazing. At least they got to see their team win a game at home.

Tomorrow

Toronto 4
other guys 2
And the Leafs will come out hitting once again. Coach Quinn will give the magic potion to everyone. And the Leafs Nation will rejoice. Plan the parade route. Pop the Champagne. Come on Ottawa fans, you're welcome too.

Murray in Sarnia

Posted By: tinynic Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/02/04 10:54 PM
Oh boy! Philly should not have embarassed T.O. that way today. Look out now, T.O. will take the next two. Toronto will not take this one lightly. I'm glad they played this way in the 5th game, and not for game 7, ie, Devils 2002/03, Philly 2003/04. The Leafs only got six shots total in each of those games. Let's hope they keep their reputation as the best rebounding team in the NHL. GO!!!! LEAFS GO!!!!

Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/03/04 02:10 AM
Not sure about the next two... looking more and more like a homer series. Unfortunately there is one more home game at Philly for Leafs fans.

How about the Flames! Hope they can close it out in Calgary.

Tim

Posted By: grinnbearit Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/03/04 10:11 AM
Yes Tim it sure does... Good thing game 7 will be in Philly if needed...

Mike

Posted By: tinynic Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/04/04 01:54 PM
Oh ye of little faith! That was the worst thing Philly could have done. The Leafs, unless they are all half dead, will never let that happen again this year. They will hit anything in a Flyers shirt and completely throw them off their game. The Leafs will forecheck, backckeck, check in the neutral zone, and any time the puck goes near the Leafs net, Eddie will be there. This is as good as over for Philly. The Leafs take the next two. But it won't matter who goes on, Tampa will beat them in five. Alas, the hockey gods are not smiling on the Leafs this year.

Posted By: sarnia Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/05/04 03:36 AM
Yikes, first the Detriot Red Wings are taken out and now the Leafs. This is awful. I missed Don Cherry tonight but my wife said he was ripping them for lack of heart for a few of the players. They sure didn't play like they COULD have and SHOULD have.

So now what.

I have to agree with you tinynic about Tampa - but a Calgary final against them would be cool to watch. Calgary is a strong team. However, I'm not sure just how strong they'll be.

Speak to you all soon.

Murray in Sarnia

Oh yeah - Detroit needs to trash Hull, Shanahan and a few others and build around Draper and Lang now.

Posted By: tinynic Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/05/04 04:03 PM

LIFE IS OVER!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! GO!! FLAMES GO!!

Posted By: cheerful Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/05/04 05:31 PM
So does this mean Doug and Paul will be getting summer jobs as Caddies for the Leafs while they are out playing Golf?????

John

Posted By: Sassy Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/05/04 06:40 PM

Posted By: Maggie Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/06/04 03:30 AM

Posted By: sarnia Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/06/04 10:07 PM
So now what? Are there any other sports? Maybe the Friends finale. Naw.

Go Flames. (I guess). Go Jays.

Murray

Posted By: grinnbearit Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/07/04 01:20 AM
Still plenty of hockey left... Just not in Toronto or Ottawa...

Mike
8 won 8 to go

Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/07/04 03:31 AM
Or Phoenix, we were done a long time ago

I would like to see Lightning (since I lived there previously and went to a few games) and Flames (exciting team) in the finals.

Tim

Posted By: tinynic Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/11/04 03:23 PM
Couldn't agree more. I can't stand Philly. Bobby Clarke just drives me nuts. He has a big mouth and no class. I like St. Louis. I think Calgary had him and thought he was too small to play in the NHL. Just goes to prove it's the size of the heart, not the size of the man. GO!! FLAMES GO!!!

Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/11/04 04:47 PM
Reminds me of the quote my dad would say....

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog.

Tim

Posted By: sarnia Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/12/04 12:25 AM
Team Canada won the gold medal in men's hockey against Sweden a few days ago. And being a Canadian, that is excellent.

But the interesting part of this was the Captain of the Senators looks like he had a hair cut. There wasn't a bunch of hair sticking out of his helmut. Maybe this is why the Leafs beat them so handily - in what was it - a four game sweep. Alfie, alfie. But it didn't help Sweden agianst Canada.

Murray

Posted By: Kotte Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/12/04 03:03 PM
Buhuhuhu

and

grrrrrrr...

to loose with 5-3 after have been in the lead by 3-1

/Mattias
(from Sweden, if you haven't figured it out already)

Posted By: grinnbearit Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/16/04 01:44 AM
Well Flyers tied up the series. As to Clarkie he has won the cup twice and just wants to do it as a GM... This is the year...

Mike

Posted By: grinnbearit Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/22/04 12:15 AM
Can there be any doubt who is the leading candidate for the Con smythe?
Think Primeau could be an unaminous selection when Flyers win.
Mike

Posted By: grinnbearit Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/23/04 08:31 AM
Well they payed their hearts out and have to offer my congrats to Tampa Bay. Always next year (Maybe).
Mike

Posted By: tinynic Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 05/25/04 01:42 PM
Well, can't say I'm sorry to see the Flyers out. I really can't stand Clarke OR Primeau. Mind you, I wouldn't mind him playing for the Leafs if he has to be in the league. But to tell you the truth, I can't stand Brashear more. If he would stick around for the fights he tries to start I'd like him. To egg players on and get them to drop their gloves, then turtle like some 100 lb. weakling says enough about his character. I'd much rather see St. Louis, who Calgary gave up on thinking he was too small for the NHL, win the playoff MVP because of his skill and pure desire, than watch the Flyers skate around thinking they deserve everything and that it should be just given to them. The Leafs did the same thing this year. They get this mindset that this is the year, that the hockey gods have finally picked them to win. Well, you have to work for it. Yeah, Primeau almost single handedly got the Flyers to the finals, but again, it's a team game, and one man does not make a team. GO!! FLAMES GO!!

Posted By: coranthalas Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 06/03/04 11:30 PM
Just be grateful we haven't lost all of the canadian contingent the Flames are doing quite well and i think they may go all the way DAMN THEM for beating the Canucks.
I hope they make it the cup belongs in Canada it's our bloody sport

Today we fight the fight of the ages
Posted By: alohaben Re: Hmmm has gotten too big - 06/10/04 12:36 PM
hmmm ?

© Kickas.org