Kickas.org
Posted By: Cap1 Newbie with a question? - 06/14/15 01:15 PM
Hello, I was browsing the Web in search of information about upper arm weakness. I came to this site because I read several posts with symptoms I have. I am being treated for PSA, but the symptoms I feel are more like enthesitis. I have pain and discomfort around every joint, especially the Achilles tendon. But I was wondering has anyone experience upper arm weakness, feelings like you cannot raise your arms? I am taking Methotrexate and recent dosing of Cimzia.

Thanks you
Posted By: Grumpyally Re: Newbie with a question? - 06/14/15 04:05 PM
Hi,

I am currently trying to get an AS flare under control and am aching in some joints which I haven't before. As to upper arm movement I generally can raise them above my head but struggle to do anything for long for example hanging the washing out is a struggle and I do feel like I have no strength in them.

x
Posted By: Cap1 Re: Newbie with a question? - 06/14/15 09:44 PM
Thank you for your response.
Posted By: rumble Re: Newbie with a question? - 06/15/15 04:27 AM
Could it be rotator cuff problems? Can you do a straight-arm raise (arm straight in front or straight out to side)? Inflammation there can be either from spondy or injury, though.
Posted By: CAT40 Re: Newbie with a question? - 06/17/15 04:53 AM
My hubby was also experiencing arm pain, He has been going to the chiropractor for over 30 years and the doctor said it was caused by his spinal stenosis and the nerve that runs down his shoulder.
Posted By: poconomike Re: Newbie with a question? - 06/17/15 02:24 PM
Lucky me i have two torn rotator cuffs and spinal stenosis on c-5 and c-6. between the two i have only a little upper body strenth Mike
© Kickas.org