Kickas.org
Posted By: mulehound What do you know! - 08/04/14 01:16 AM
My mom has had issues for years. She was diagnosed last year with AS. Now my sister ( she loves me very much) has been told she has the famous HLA marker. She has been having increasing problems. She is taking the news head on. I did not sugar coat it, I figure she also has the Blackwell gene so she can take it She has been on here checking the site out. She said she joined the other day,not approved yet. So don't go easy on her she can take it.
ETTE.
Darrel.
Posted By: Rebelle69 Re: What do you know! - 08/04/14 01:58 AM
Well you know we are almost twins. I just want to be like you! Besides I am your favorite sister!
Hi I am the Sarge's sister. Been burning up his phone with questions. He has lots of good things to say about this web site. I have found it very helpful.
Posted By: Tnate Re: What do you know! - 08/04/14 02:55 AM
Definitely don't sugar coat it. It can be a merit badge for her. Or something. Even if she was blood thirsty there is nothing she can do about it!
Posted By: Pea Re: What do you know! - 08/04/14 05:10 AM
Welcome Rebelle69. You will find a great group of people here and a lot of great information. Sorry you have this too.
Posted By: ineptwill Re: What do you know! - 08/04/14 07:59 AM
Well I have always found the mule to be a great big softie.....unlike me..I am tuff..!

Hello Rebelle, bet you are a softie too...?
Posted By: Sue22 Re: What do you know! - 08/04/14 12:44 PM
Welcome aboard! smile
Posted By: bettyrawker Re: What do you know! - 08/04/14 02:08 PM
Welcome to the club!

Glad it sound like you are at least getting diagnosed in the early stages, as that can make such a huge difference in how much this disease will effect your life going forward. And that is so great that you already have such an awesome buddy and brother to help you get a handle on it all.

Wishing you a painless journey!!

x,
Andrea
Posted By: Orch Re: What do you know! - 08/04/14 02:23 PM
Sorry you are in this club, but welcome, and enjoy the starch free snacks.
Posted By: rumble Re: What do you know! - 08/04/14 08:32 PM
Welcome to one of the clubs you might not want to have to join. And knowing someone else who 'joined' is always a benefit. Being related to them is even better. wink Great that you will have a mentor on the journey.

I've got PsA, as does my hubby, though it's not usually spread in that manner. LOL. He's not a joiner, though.
Posted By: Inanna Re: What do you know! - 08/05/14 12:40 PM
Hi Bobbie, and welcome to KA. smile

I'm glad you have our favorite mule on your side - better that, I think. Although, since you're his sister you can give him a good ole AS kickin' if he gives you grief. laugh

Warm hugs,
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: What do you know! - 08/05/14 08:32 PM
Hello Bobbie,

Welcome to Kickas, lot of great people here to support you and ask questions. But you do have a great family member in Darrel to help you along as well... he knows all about Kicking some AS.

Best to the both of you.

Tim
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: What do you know! - 08/05/14 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: ineptwill
Well I have always found the mule to be a great big softie.....unlike me..I am tuff..!

Hello Rebelle, bet you are a softie too...?

What happened Alan?

Worried you did not look tuff enough in the picture that you took it down?
Posted By: ineptwill Re: What do you know! - 08/05/14 09:47 PM
well having re-read my post here and then checked the mules shoulder dimension, I considered that anonymity might be suggested....
Posted By: Rebelle69 Re: What do you know! - 08/06/14 03:54 AM
Use to not be a softy then I moved to the city. I am told now that I got all fluffy. I Dont agree,
OK mule has told me about pork rinds for something crunchy salty........but there has to be something else. Ideas?

Thanks for the great welcome, it will be fun getting to know you...
Posted By: snowshoe Re: What do you know! - 08/07/14 03:00 AM
Originally Posted By: ineptwill
well having re-read my post here and then checked the mules shoulder dimension, I considered that anonymity might be suggested....

You are anonymous, Will (published author).
Don't worry Will! Have a nice day Will!
Posted By: snowshoe Re: What do you know! - 08/07/14 03:02 AM
Oh sorry you had to find us this way, but we do need a relative on here to keep Mulehound's huntin stories "real." He also claims to have spotted Bigfoot up in Wyoming!?
Posted By: ineptwill Re: What do you know! - 08/07/14 07:38 AM
Thank you so much for applying my sobriquet, this will assure anonymity. Probably best for a while to avoid using my real name, Alan...............oooops............gulp!!!!
Posted By: Possi Re: What do you know! - 08/07/14 07:33 PM
Hi Bobbie, smile

Welcome. I am sorry to know you are having problems. You have a great brother to help you through the rough spots. I have 3 brothers so I definitely know the ups and downs with brothers. LOL

I think my brothers are probably a lot like yours. They will find anything to give me a hard time about but no one else had better. smile

Come back often. I am looking forward to getting better aquainted.
Posted By: mulehound Re: What do you know! - 08/07/14 10:53 PM
Let's keep the fluffy soft part of my persona under raps it clashes with my image. Otherwise the bad guys would give me a hard time. As far as my sister goes she has always been spoiled being the youngest in the family. The white lining to this whole thing is she actually listens to me once in a while now.
ETTE.
Darrel.
© Kickas.org