Kickas.org
Posted By: lulu12 Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 07/10/13 09:45 PM
Has anyone tried LDN? I have tried it a few times and I usually feel pretty good the first 2 days and then my pain increases. I am on a really low dose of 1.5 mg.
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 07/10/13 10:44 PM
I've been on 4.5 mg since sept 2009.

It has really helped my enthesitis.

Not sure how much else it helped.

But not tearing tendons and ligaments anymore and my tendonitises getting better, a lot better, was good enough for me to keep it in my toolbox.

I've had to do other things for the flares, SI joint, etc.
Posted By: lulu12 Re: Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 07/10/13 11:20 PM
Sue,

Did you have increased pain on it at first? Did you start at that dose?
Posted By: jpinperth Re: Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 07/11/13 12:42 AM
Hi

You may be a person who has the side effect of joint pain from this drug. I couldn't tolerate it at all. My dose was 2mg and gave me muscle and joint pain.
Have you looked up the side effect profile on it.

Janet
Posted By: Kleb_Slayer Re: Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 07/11/13 11:47 AM
How were you taking your LDN, was it compounded in tablet (pill) form?

A common filler compounding pharmacies use in tablet form is "Avicel", and there are reports of people doing poorly, not just with Avicel, but with various fillers (lactose, etc.) depending on the individual.

My compounder could not find a cost effective solution to let me have acidophilous as a filler, so I went with the pure Naltrexone powders in distilled water (liquid LDN, refrigerated). This way it's been easy to play around with dosage. Have settled on 3mg for now, as I'm thinking 4.5mg makes me grumpier - not sure how true that is... I'm guessing I'd do better without work in general, er, I mean, work stress!

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/gazorpa/LDNFillers.html
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 07/11/13 10:38 PM
For me personally, no side effects. I started at 1.5 mg, then 3.0 mg, then 4.5 mg within a month or two ramped up. Never a side effect I could detect.

And the positive results were subtle. I basically just stopped tearing tendons and ligaments and my tendonitises just kept getting better and better. So it was more of a long term thing. When i could say "Its been a year, two years, 4 years since I've torn a tendon or ligament" that's how I knew it was working.

Before that I had a bunch of minor tears and a few pretty serious ones; never any ruptures, but tears, yes.
Posted By: finnari Re: Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 07/20/13 01:00 AM
did nothing for me at all.
Posted By: Magician Re: Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 05/03/22 01:22 AM
I have MS and I take 1 MG each night before I go to bed. I have it compounded. Been taking it since 1999, so a really long time.

I can tell when I run out and am waiting for a refill because my body begins to feel achy and my joints begin to hurt a little more than normal.

Sounds kinda strange that such a tiny pill could make such a huge difference in my dealing with MS but it really does. smile
Posted By: Inanna Re: Low dose naltrexone, anyone try it? - 05/04/22 10:38 AM
I hadn't realised that you are on LDN, Angie. I'm so glad it helps!

Love and light.
© Kickas.org