Kickas.org
Posted By: Dow Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 01:00 AM
For those of you who may have missed following Alan's amazing adventures in the Shedmobile....

We now present, the ENTIRE epic journey, following his travels around the world,

from humble beginnings to circling the globe in grand style:

Shedmobile: The Motion Picture!

Hope you like it!
Posted By: WendyR Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 01:06 AM
You are a genius, Dow.
Posted By: Steph Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 01:20 AM
Absolutely brilliant Dow!!!

You're an amuzing bunch!

Thanks for the giggles ! grin floor

Cheers,

Steph
Posted By: ilbcrzn Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:23 AM
All I can say is WOW That was GREAT!!!!

You're the man!!
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:46 AM
OMG that is one of the funniest things I have ever seen..lol was just a bit disapointed I didn't see Alan IN the shed table dancing anywhere but hey maybe next time..lol I agree Dow your a genius!
Posted By: Michelle70605 Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:58 AM
Oh Dow, this really takes the cake!!! grin You are incredibly talented!! cool And I absolutely loved that Alan had a hat or bonnet or something on his head.... grin Thanks... rainbow
Posted By: EricaK Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 03:17 AM
clap 1cup roll laugh2
Posted By: LATH Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 06:09 AM
I like that!!!!
Posted By: rumble Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 06:12 AM
So funny and clever. grin2 Or is it clever and funny? confused

Great work, Dow. 1cup
Posted By: WendyR Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 06:15 AM
I've watched it about six times now and shown it to all my family including my five year old granddaughter who laughed and laughed. Totally seemed to understand the humour. Can't wait for England to wake up so Alan can see it.

Has Sonar reviewed it yet?
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 06:19 AM
floor laugh2 clap clap clap

"Cripes!" I LOVE it! I can't wait for Alan to wake up and see this!

The nightcap cracks me up everytime! I love films that have such a happy ending too... (and grateful to have my icehouse back where it belongs! lol)

Dow, you are a riot and a super-talented film-maker! 1cup
Posted By: Dow Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 08:41 AM
ha ha, thank you all! (very very much)

& especially to Mig with her ice house picture out there in the woods, don't know why, but that lonely little shed just struck a chord with me..could NOT help myself...

especially fun was when we first started doing this, all I thought was that it might be interesting to set up a picture that was "live" and would change from day to night and different silly things might happen, but then got a bit carried away with the idea eek2 lol (and had NO idea how it was all going to end, was just making it up as it went along!)

BTW the captions on the YouTube video are still changeable, we can add more! So if anybody has ideas, like something short that the shark or the squirrel might say in a speech balloon, let's hear it, maybe they could make their way into the video!
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 09:28 AM
Well.....................
Posted By: Dow Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 10:07 AM
well.........?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 10:36 AM
Well done Dow very good and very funny. Left Alan speechless and that's a first.

Kevin
Posted By: MollyC1i Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 10:50 AM
Utterly BLOO'DY MARVELLOUS - what a hoot. Geniused man. cheerleader clap 1cup
Posted By: hollyz143 Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 11:21 AM
That was awesome.
Posted By: Tinkerbell Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 01:35 PM
Very entertaining!
How long did it take you to DO that?
What is the opposite of a technophobe?
Erm... opposite of phobia may be mania... so that makes you a rainbow technomaniac! rainbow
Posted By: Inanna Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:09 PM
floor floor cheerleader cheerleader floor floor clap clap laugh2 laugh2 cheerleader floor

Dow, that was flipping phenomenal!! I have tears in my eyes, I've been laughing so hard! You totally ROCK, my friend!! (I knew Alan would wangle his way into one of my shows one day!)

Thanks for an awesome start to my day!

Warm hugs,
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:39 PM
Well......????????? That's it?!!! floor

What kind of response is that??!! laugh2 Are you uncomfortable with your new found movie-star fame Alan! I thought it was a perfect role for you -- 'devilishly handsome' man and super-whizzo joiner/carpenter shedmobile-builder, bed thread and shed hijacker, becomes world-travelling adventurer in a kickas epic adventure!

Well? lolololol
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:47 PM
errrr......................well...............if you let me get a word in...........errrrrr
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:52 PM
Yes quite well thank you Dow how are you...lol

Ok, ok I admit it is a wonderful piece of work, a joyous memoire for my old age (which began last week) my grandchildren are already saying, 'tell us about the shedmobile Grumps'.....oh Yes perhaps I should explain, my grand daughter calls me grumps.....well nearly grumps, sometimes, as is the way with children it comes out as Gwumps or Gump or sometimes Dump.......anyway I digress......Brilliant Dow. You are so computer capable but with a fabulous mind, an imagination to die for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,write a book, I am sure it will be super......I am stunned at where Bagobones thread, (about beds) has taken the whole of KA, and all due to your terrific mind but notwithstanding this overture to your glory, I have 2 complaints......oh yes, two of em............ahaaaaaaaaaaa
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:56 PM
h you, guitars in Toronto eh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmmm
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:57 PM
Ok, I am dying to hear what possible complaint you could dream up! floor

I can only guess that one has to be about the hats..! Errr, the lack of a piano solo???

lol
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:58 PM
lol Well they aren't really complaints, just points of interest, OI presume you must be about since you are posting
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 02:59 PM
Hi you

Ahhh glad to see you are still talking to me Alan - now that you are famous! smile

yay
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 03:00 PM
LOL Good presumption!
Posted By: Inanna Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 03:19 PM
Whew, I was getting worried for a moment there. I had the same reaction as Mig to, "Well...."

Thank you for saving my day by posting further, Alan. Really, you've restored my faith. smile

Warm hugs,
Posted By: Michelle70605 Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 03:22 PM
Bah-haha!!! laugh2 laugh2 laugh2
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 03:24 PM
retirement is nice cos i can sit here (Snow and cold beyond my door)in the warmth reading KA stuff. I wonder if AS only touches the very bright, the creative, the humorous, the thespians for all on these boards are so able and gifted. Goodness I must rush and get AS soon in order that it may bestow such artisanship on me......
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 03:29 PM
Yes, except you are not really retired clown and seem to work non-stop as far as I can tell.

laugh2 You can't rush out to get AS when you already have it silly..!
Posted By: Inanna Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 03:33 PM
Hmmm, rush out and get AS. Would you like that in pink or blue? Perhaps a nice Periwinkle blue? Or puce? How many would you like, one or two? Perhaps two so that you have an extra should you lose your AS. grin
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 03:39 PM
Oh dothey do it in blue.............mine is only the basic model, a bit grim looking, falling apart, but despite that even after all these years it still keeps working.......hiya Kat, get some work done
Posted By: fonzy Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 04:00 PM
Pretty cool stuff Dow.I liked the one you made of my little dogy also.
Your pretty talanted.
John
Posted By: Dow Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 07:03 PM
I do remember having those thoughts, back in the months when I was just lurking about in these forums, at first only seeking medical info, but kept finding myself thinking-

"What a great bunch of bright, clever and knowledgable people, is that some sort of strange side-effect of this condition?"

(Besides, there was a special sale running at Best Buy that week, select anything from the AS Department, they would also throw in a free toaster!)
Posted By: Dow Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 07:16 PM
drat, I guess there are a few guitars in there! doh

But there IS my little attempt at a piano solo, right when the journey begins, and you run into all that city traffic

A real piano, even! not a digital computer thingie, recorded many many many many many many years ago, yikes!
Posted By: Inanna Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 08:25 PM
Kinda like a timex watch, eh. "Takes a licking, but keeps on ticking." laugh2

Been working these last several hours. You? Huh? grin

Warm hugs,
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 08:32 PM
probably my favorite is that dessert in the desert or is that the desert in the dessert! or that menagerie at the end with all those animals peeping out from behind that shed. maybe its just the animation that captivates me! have enjoyed the adventure thus far! smile
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 08:38 PM
wow wish I was that good, super stuff Dow and I must say that I didn't mind the guitar becaause the soundtrack was classy......but then When I headline I always insist on 'classy' yes, it goes with my modest personna I think......lol

Super job Dow, cripes I wish I had your original thought, your fertility of mind, really really super and wow, what a thread you made it. Mig deserves a little credit though for mentioning sheds in the first place.....i love KA and its very special members......
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 08:40 PM
Oh sue come come, now wait a cotton picking minute I do hope that you are not disregarding my role as 'The Star' in this, never mind rotten Giraffes and things...........lol
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 08:41 PM
Yes, I got Rhythm.............been trying to arrange it for our Jazz quartet, and failing miserably.........and shovelling snowoh and falling off the roof
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 08:44 PM
Alan the Shed was the star you only had a minor part as a head. I think the shed should get the award for best actor.

Kevin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 08:45 PM
You also have to remember the shed was on loan from the trainer mig so she should win a prize.

Kevin
Posted By: Steph Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 09:51 PM
The shed did play a very convincing role. I was drawn in from the first frame. Although, there was undeniable chemistry between the shed and Alan. Well done Alan!

Cheers,

Steph
Posted By: mom2many Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 09:54 PM
Excellent! Now everyone can see the amazing shed!
Posted By: Donette Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 09:59 PM
Ha, fabulous Dow!!

And I agree, we are all very creative. Most def a good side-effect!! Well there's one anyway!

love the movie!
-Donette
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 10:24 PM
Originally Posted By: ineptwill
Oh sue come come, now wait a cotton picking minute I do hope that you are not disregarding my role as 'The Star' in this, never mind rotten Giraffes and things...........lol

well, that goes without saying of course! wink2
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 11/30/10 11:05 PM
"...you only had a minor part as a head." laugh2 laugh2 laugh2 Kev - that just cracked me right up!
Posted By: Dow Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/01/10 01:05 AM
Fertility of mind, why you...! laugh2

My favorite comment from this whole adventure so far has to be from when Alan saw the very odd picture of the Sahara desert, with a little wood shed with big wheels on one side of the frame, and on the right is this giant ice cream sundae-

He concluded that it was the sundae seeing a mirage of the shed rather than the other way around - now there is a fertile and creative mind! yes
Posted By: rumble Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/01/10 06:30 AM
Originally Posted By: ineptwill

Everyone knows that animals woof and children angel3dare the best parts of home movies.....Sorry Alan. But you WERE a good head, modeling all those hats. laugh
Posted By: Johninco Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/01/10 09:04 PM
Worthy of an Oscar! The Tardis has nothing on the Mig Shed!
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/01/10 09:51 PM
Ahhhh, the Tardis has even visited America - cripes......
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/01/10 09:53 PM
Well I must say that having been an heroic world traveller, that it seems a little unfair that I am remembered merely for my nightime head-wear......ahh well........at least I am nearly home.......
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/01/10 11:03 PM
Yes..I am wondering how this little piece will end up at the Oscars..Mig and Dow SO deserve one but if Alan wins one...OMG we would never hear the end of it!...Blah, HA, HA, HA..lol 1cup
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/02/10 02:39 AM
Well done Dow!
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/02/10 03:27 PM
Never fear Alan, as heroic world traveller you will definitely be remembered for more than your night time headwear... I am sure that Lisa has by now snatched a copy of the South Pacific frame and has a print out posted up on the wall of her bedroom...! hrtballon

And I agree with Steph - there was undeniable chemistry between you and the shed! yes lol

Wow, I can't believe an award might be in the offing for doing nothing but being owner of said shed! Yippeee!

Can hardly wait for Dow's acceptance speech, for 'best director/producer of a documentary action flick'!
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/02/10 08:33 PM
On LIsa's wall eh.......cripes, hope she remains restrained and keeps her hands behind her back!!

So long as it is understood that the shed was merely a 'Bit Part' and I was the headlining artiste!!!!!
Posted By: snowshoe Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/02/10 10:17 PM
Well you are most fortunate that this film didn't focus on the theft aspect and that the shed owner didn't press charges for the heist otherwise this motion picture would end with you in the slammer.
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/02/10 10:48 PM
now look here you, don't come on here with things like truth and reality, we like our......errrrr...they, yes they, (Dow Mig and the rest)they like their little fantasies..........lol

Hi Snowy, so is this threat to incarcerate because you are jealous because I wouldn't let you join me on shed-wander?

lol How are you?
Posted By: EricaK Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/02/10 10:50 PM
P.S. There actually were people jetskiing at Badwater Basin that year. yes
Posted By: Dow Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/03/10 01:01 AM
Then the shed waterskiing as depicted is factually accurate!

(I was hoping it is really you in the picture, Erica, watching him go by?)
Posted By: EricaK Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 12/03/10 03:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Dow

(I was hoping it is really you in the picture, Erica, watching him go by?)

It is absolutely me in the picture! There's no way I would post other people's hiking photos... those are my very own memories. yes And I'm going for a short hike with my old hiking buddies tomorrow, but only 3 miles of pretty flat along the Dungeness river. Life is good! (Of course, I'll probably limp for two days after, but I don't care. It's totally worth it. grin
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/15/16 03:14 PM
Bumpity bump!
Posted By: WendyR Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/15/16 07:54 PM
Well done, Mig!
Posted By: snowshoe Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/15/16 08:40 PM
Since this video/escapade was made in 2010, the "tiny house movement" has been sweeping the USA. Alan & Mig started a movement, yet had they been business minded they would have been rich by now and Mig could have upgraded her moss-covered shed.
Posted By: WendyR Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/16/16 12:13 AM
I miss Dow a lot.
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/16/16 12:51 PM
Very frustrating that we didn't seek to cash in on the tiny house trend ... my wee shed (which is really an icehouse), sitting empty and lonely in the forest, could seriously benefit from an upgrade. Sadly, the moss has been winning.

Why didn't Alan think of this...!
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/16/16 12:56 PM
I miss Dow too. frown1

DOW - WHERE ARE YOU!!!???!!! Olly Olly outs in free! cool2
Posted By: Lon Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/16/16 02:33 PM
My dear friend - what is an "Olly out"? would you be suggesting the American phrase...."all thee outs, all thee outs, in free"?
Olly starred in silent pictures....
Ah, I love it here. Besides Dow is still looking to "kick the can".
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/16/16 07:08 PM
but I did.....I just didn't think it right to share the dosh since the whole red bed in a shed thread was my idea from start to finish ..........so I keep the dosh............so there

Hello old folks from the shedacious period
Posted By: MollyC1i Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/16/16 07:30 PM
Ahhhh - the Shendacious period - different times - but - suggestion. A childrren's cartoon.

Was a great story. Good and sound basis to brush it up of any cobwebs and put together as a kiddies cartoon.

Could make it a you tube event and for backing either, crowd fund or, permit 'censored' advertising. OR, contact the 'shed' show, put it to em - children's hour programme, sponsored by the BBC (whatever) *Shed show, or, whomsoever think it a worthwhile pursuit for a kiddie's programme.

I think this has merit - idea from an 'original' viewer of the programme - <VBG>

Where is Dow - and dogettes and his charming other half - Heigh, Dow man - whither art thou ?

P.S. Feature one of the Sheds of the Shed programme ...

Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/17/16 12:37 PM
Dear friend Lon,... waaaay back when I was a very little kid playing hide and seek, we sang 'Olly Olly Umphenfree' ... I had no idea what it meant, just that everyone got to come 'home' from their hiding spots and I would still be 'it' for the next game.

'All thee, All thee.." actually has a meaning and sounds MUCH classier - I like it! smile
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/17/16 12:43 PM
Ah-haaa so you admit making off with my dosh, eh?! I should have guessed. Right, you have my address so mail it over immediately Alan...!!!

'Shedacious' laugh2
Posted By: Lon Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/17/16 01:55 PM
MIG- once again, you have me smiling!
Thanks. I will explain this to my grandkids and see if they can give me the "new" frozen version or such thing.
ah, I like it here.
Posted By: WendyR Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/17/16 03:02 PM
Maybe they will gradually appear out of the shed.
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/18/16 10:08 PM
It would be fun to learn what version of this your grandkids sing nowadays. yes Let us know what they say!
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/21/16 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By mig
Dear friend Lon,... waaaay back when I was a very little kid playing hide and seek, we sang 'Olly Olly Umphenfree' ... I had no idea what it meant, just that everyone got to come 'home' from their hiding spots and I would still be 'it' for the next game.

'All thee, All thee.." actually has a meaning and sounds MUCH classier - I like it! smile

We played the same game and pronounced it the same.. Olly Olly Umphenfree'

Thanks for the story Lon
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/21/16 02:43 AM
Originally Posted By mig
Ah-haaa so you admit making off with my dosh, eh?! I should have guessed. Right, you have my address so mail it over immediately Alan...!!!

'Shedacious' laugh2

He had to use the dosh for all the repairs to the CN Tower in Toronto most likely.
Posted By: Lon Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/25/16 09:27 PM
Alan- why is it you get this family gets so riled up?
stealing things that mean so much.

Is this really going to be a major production??

I would love to be the Key grip - promising to keep my mouth shut and just take care of the luggage.

Just to carry the luggage for you all (Alan) while this thing is being produced, I hope Lin can see me now? Alan,,,is there any remuneration if this things become famous?
Posted By: WendyR Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/26/16 12:22 AM
Alan has promised us all bags and bags of gold. He has them hidden in the shed.
Posted By: rumble Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/26/16 06:38 AM
I remember it as 'olly olly oxen free.' But that might have been the Oklahoma accent. LOL.

How long for the Shedmobile movie to start casting calls? Who will be up for the various parts?
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/26/16 09:53 AM
Lon I am innocent....honestly.............Mig is the villain here.............and, what's more..........she claims that my shed is her icehouse!!!!...as if.............I do hope that things are picking up for you.
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/26/16 01:41 PM
Well ... that is because it IS my icehouse, dearest clot. You've seen it for yourself in person, peered into it's musty dark interior (prior to the fab renovation work you did of course) and know full well that it is standing in the woods on my property, which makes it mine!

grin2
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/26/16 01:43 PM
Thanks for the tip Wendy... I'll check for those bags of gold next time I go up to the cottage. We might be rich yet..!
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/26/16 01:45 PM
Hey Tim,... I think that the city paid for the repair work, as they had no idea it was Alan's doing. Thus, methinks that he still has the dosh stashed somewhere...! yes
Posted By: Lon Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/27/16 02:26 AM
Once again Allen you have underwhelmed me with your search for the untruth that is so available in this situation. Please be a bit dishonest and keep this movie idear close to our hearts.

None of us will tolerate misuse of MIG........
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/27/16 06:59 AM
well ok yes.........i'll come clean.........Mig made me do it!!! I was an innocent Englishman abroad whence I fell into her clutches........I'll give you this Ice House she said......if you work on it and turn it into a shed...........which I did and then, when it was done, at great cost an effort to myself, she claimed it as her own, left me abandoned and alone in a bear ridden forest..........I don't mean to misude her but she is, simply put.....A Boundah....................ahaaaa
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/27/16 12:29 PM
A boundah! laugh2 laugh2 laugh2 laugh2 So funny!

There is at least one element of truth in your words, Alan ... there are bears in our forest!

And you were never abandoned in the forest! You were 100% safe indoors when the bears showed up.
Posted By: snowshoe Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/27/16 05:17 PM
Ohhh, Mig's actions certainly will add a lot of drama and intrigue to the film.
I don't know who to believe. Why would anyone in Canada need and "ice house?"
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/27/16 11:28 PM
laugh2 Well I'm not exactly up in polar bear land!

Environment Canada 2016 Aug where I live ... 29C average and 34C extreme... and that's without the Humidex!

We totally need our icehouses up here..!! (well, we did before refrigeration was invented smile )
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/28/16 07:04 AM
You are always slipping that word in....'Humidex'??

What is a Humidex? Is it a washing machine or a cooker perhaps...........? Is it something you bathe with in a sauna ? Ahhh I get it...........It is a record of all the tunes that you hum..........ahhh I see a Hum-index!
Posted By: Lon Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 09/28/16 01:49 PM
Alan- you said- " well ok yes.........i'll come clean" there is no need for such a rash decision coming from you this late in your life....Just admit whet she is saying, there need be no germ extermination.
Posted By: mig Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 10/02/16 10:31 PM
Great question, Alan!

Quote:
The humidex was developed by Canadian meteorologists and was first used in 1965 to describe the impact of high humidity on human comfort. A warm day will feel even warmer when the humidity is high because our perspiration does not evaporate as readily when the humidity is high.

Evaporation is a cooling process that we all experience when we step out of the shower or the pool and rush to grab a towel. Perspiration is our body’s natural attempt to avoid overheating, but when that sweat cannot evaporate as quickly, the heat will have a greater impact on us.

A humidex over 40 is considered to be extreme and Environment Canada recommends that all unnecessary outdoor activity be curtailed under those conditions. When the humidex reaches the mid to upper 30s, rigorous outdoor activity should be reduced with special attention paid to the age and health of the individual.

During the mid-July heat wave in southern and central Ontario, the humidex reached 47 in St. Catharines and mid-40s were reported at numerous other locations. Especially noteworthy was that the humidex did not drop below the mid-30s for several nights in a row at several locations, especially in the Toronto area.

Ref: The Weather Network

Thus it was that my Great Grandfather had need to build an icehouse..!
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Shedmobile: The Motion Picture! - 10/03/16 08:04 AM
So it is a record of humming then.............what is your favourite hum...from the index that is?
© Kickas.org