Kickas.org
Posted By: Dotyisle Big day is approaching - 02/01/08 11:42 PM
Well I know the day/time little Mateo will be joining us after the doctor appointment today.

Wednesday Feb 6th
Some time after 1pm our time (10am Eastern/11am Central). Sorry I am not familiar with Europe/Australia time zones.

Prayers are greatly appreciated, it will be a C-section due to complications with fibroids.

Thanks to all my family here,

Tim
Posted By: Karen_the_Mouse Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 12:34 AM
How exciting Tim! Keep us posted. I'll be praying to our Lady of La Leche for you. (Mary, the mother of easy delivery and bountiful milk- gotta love it! There's actually a shrine to her in Florida.)

I hope all goes well for you and your wife and little Mateo.

Karen
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 12:44 AM
Tim,

Im sure everything will be fine with Gaby & Matteo..

Can not wait to see pictures of your beautiful new addition.

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers..

Hugs,

Lisa
Posted By: trudi Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 01:23 AM
can't wait to see pics of the new baby!!! My first son (4th child) was born Feb 5th...

Prayers going up for a flawless c-section & for quick recovery of mum!
Posted By: Cara Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 01:39 AM
February 6th, wow! Make sure you post some pictures of the little man. I hope you and Gabby are doing okay.

Take care,
Cara
Posted By: BLESTER Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 01:53 AM
Hey Tim,

An early congrats for the daddy to be. I will be keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing momma a quick and easy recovery afterwards.

I kind of like the idea of knowing the day and time when the baby will arrive part, but the C-section is another story. I still remember being woken up in the middle of the night with the youngest now 20 years old. She shoke me and said are you ready to be a daddy again tonight and I said no I need some sleep, but he was not planning on letting me. An hour and forty five minutes later he was born. If we had not been but 15 miles from the hospital he would have been born on the side of the road.

I'll be waiting for the updates on Weds. BTW what do they do in Argentina when a baby is born? Anything like here in the states?

Brent
Posted By: Sassy Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 02:27 AM
Wow....it will be here before you know it.

You and Gaby have my prayers. Dont forget to post pictures!

Big hugs
Lori
Posted By: ladybuggie Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 02:29 AM
Best wishes Tim..you and your lovely Gaby and little boy are in my prayers...hoping for a swift and healthy delivery!

February babies! gotta love them! Another aquarian baby!
Be sure to keep us posted..and pictures! Your pal buggy
Posted By: manatee Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 03:41 AM
Oh my gosh Tim, That's next week already I can't believe how fast the time went. You two must be so unbelievably excited Of course prayers are going out, can't wait.
Cindy
Posted By: stevec Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 04:11 AM
Best wishes to you and Gabi and the young one soon to be with you.

Hope your day goes perfectly.
Posted By: Maggie Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 06:09 AM
I hope and pray that everything goes super duper smoothly for all 3 of you

Can't wait to hear your happy news and see your photos .

Maggie
Posted By: Kiwi Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 08:01 AM
How exciting!!! All the best to you and Gabby. Can't wait to see some pics of the little one.

Chelsea
Posted By: MollyC1i Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 07:10 PM
WOW Tim - time has flown. Best to Gaby, Mateo and you for this wonderful day fast approaching. Can't wait to see the photos.

Molly
Posted By: JeanneMedina Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 07:31 PM
Congratulations! Love to see photos of the beautiful baby boy!
Posted By: cheerful Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 08:34 PM
Tim

I will be thinking of you all on the 6th. Don't forget the pic's you know how we all are here about pic's. Good luck and Cograts to both of you.

John
Posted By: Michelle70605 Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 09:26 PM
Tim...All I can think is WOW!! It's so wonderful to have a newborn baby in the house!! I'm so happy for you and your family!!
Posted By: mig Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 11:23 PM
Ooooo Tim I am so excited for you!! Feb 6th will make a great day for a birthday party celebration.

I will keep all 3 of you in my thoughts for sure at 10 am on Wednesday. And I will say a few prayers that Gaby's C-section will go smoothly and your new little babe Mateo will be the healthiest happiest bundle of pure joy!!

Yes yes, don't forget your camera!!

Hugs and prayers,
mig
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Big day is approaching - 02/02/08 11:33 PM
Thanks everyone for thoughts and prayers....

As regards to some of the questions....

1. Customs:
Nothing too outstanding... 1/2 the people give out a small gift to friends and family for a rememberence of the babies big day. I will try and post a picture of what Gaby purchased.

Although... her family often comments to be regarding the "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" movie... so maybe they will try and pull something on me as a new daddy in Argentina.

A bigger custom is the baby's first birthday. This is generally a "bigger" than normal birthday party.

2. Camera battery has already been charged and awaiting the big day. I would not be surprised if the first picture is all blurry from excitement trying to take it.

Thanks again,

Tim
Posted By: jpinperth Re: Big day is approaching - 02/03/08 02:20 AM
Hi Tim,
This is so exciting ! A new baby always bring the purest joy. I hope you can both get lots of rest these days. Have you made arrangements to have some help when your off to work ? Gabi will be very sore, and tired after a C-Section. I was always available for my sister-in-law after her two C-Sections. She often commented that I was the only one who seemed to realize she had , had surgery. I use to help her up out of a chair etc, hold a pillow across her tummy etc. The nurse part of me is still kicking, although haven't worked in seventeen years , still shocks me when I think of it. Tim are you planning on taking some time off after the birth ? I have the date circled , and will be checking lot son the computer on Wednesday.

Big Hugs,
Janet
Posted By: Michelle70605 Re: Big day is approaching - 02/03/08 03:00 AM
While I was making my Mardi Gras menu, I realized that the baby will arrive on Ash Wednesday!
Posted By: BLESTER Re: Big day is approaching - 02/03/08 03:27 AM
Tim,

It sounds like the customs are a bit different over in your area and may even be a bit better in ways, by adding the dad into the mix. Let's see you have tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday to catch some extra sleep before the big day and since momma is having the surgery you may need it by the time they get home.

Little hint, teach the baby to say momma as the first word so whe they wake up in the middle of the night they say momma, you can nudge her and say te baby wants you. Now I will duck and back slowly away in case the ladies all throw something.

Brent
Posted By: LINCinNYC Re: Big day is approaching - 02/03/08 04:16 AM
That sounds great, good news, you know what is coming, hang in there!

Mateo...a unique name for a unique new person...

Peace, you rock, don't forget that...
Linc
Posted By: sherri Re: Big day is approaching - 02/04/08 04:13 PM
Tim,
These are very exciting days ahead. I wish you and Gaby and Mateo the very best on Wednesday. I'll be thinking about you all.

Sherri
Posted By: Inanna Re: Big day is approaching - 02/04/08 04:57 PM
Tim, only TWO MORE DAYS!!!! Holy cats, you must both be so excited! Please keep us updated and pass on hugs to Gaby for me. I can't wait to see the newest member of our KA family!

Warm hugs,
Posted By: deanne Re: Big day is approaching - 02/04/08 05:07 PM
oh wow, congratulations! only two days from now! good luck to you, your wife, and your new little one!
Posted By: Atrain Re: Big day is approaching - 02/04/08 05:29 PM
How exciting!!! I had a c-section with my youngest...it's weird to know the actual date and time they will be born! I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll be waiting for the pics!
Posted By: angiem Re: Big day is approaching - 02/04/08 08:36 PM
You both must be so excited!!!! My prayers that everything goes quickly and everyone is healthy!!!! Keep us posted..

Angie
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Big day is approaching - 02/04/08 08:37 PM
Quote:

Little hint, teach the baby to say momma as the first word so whe they wake up in the middle of the night they say momma, you can nudge her and say te baby wants you. Now I will duck and back slowly away in case the ladies all throw something.

Wow... that just may be the most insightful tip I have received Thanks Brent!!!

Just kidding ladies

Tim
Posted By: BLESTER Re: Big day is approaching - 02/04/08 08:52 PM
Welcome anytime Tim, I can see the excitement of the days going by showing through in your typing.

Brent
Posted By: Lon Re: Big day is approaching - 02/04/08 09:02 PM
I am excited for you.
Holding my flesh and blood, suddenly made me grow up and become a man. You have a head start and will have much to give this baby.
God bless,
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Big day is approaching - 02/05/08 02:43 AM
February 6th is an excellent day to be born
that's my birthday.
i wish you all well.

sue
Posted By: trudi Re: Big day is approaching - 02/05/08 03:51 AM
our 'unwritten' rule was ...whoever smelled the dirty diaper changed it... a courtesy thing ... well, by the 3rd baby I started figuring hubby was pretty faithful on helping out ... IF he smelled it....

so I started handing baby off or telling the youngster to 'go sit by daddy' when I realized they had done their duty.. It took about 8 months for him to figure out what I was doing! LOL! then he started telling the young one to 'go to mommy'! LOL! it was fun!!

....counting down.....!!
Posted By: towman Re: Big day is approaching - 02/05/08 05:04 AM
The 6th will be a little gift from godshowing up to give lots of joy.You will be in our prayers.
Bradford
Posted By: Maxine Re: Big day is approaching - 02/05/08 05:21 AM
WOW... This time tomorrow......

How lovely! I missed all of the pregnancy (I'm sorry!) but hope that the birth goes smoothly, and Mama recovers quickly.

Matteo.. what a beautiful name!

"The sweetest moments to recall,
stay locked within our minds......
those moments with our children,
(by far the sweetest kind)
To see our children learning
and growing more each day.....
Those moments are so precious
and too soon they slip away.
We hold the memories tightly
and time does not impair....
The bond between a Parent
and the children in their care.
It seems before we know it,
We blink and they are grown....
From childhood to adulthood,
the shortest journey ever known.

Enjoy!

Max
Posted By: sarahmd Re: Big day is approaching - 02/05/08 01:56 PM
Congrats! I can't wait to see pics of the little one! How exciting!
Posted By: Sassy Re: Big day is approaching - 02/05/08 06:24 PM
Tomorrow!!!!

Are you so excited that you can hardly stand it? I was like that when my little Squeak was born.

Her mom told me that I need to start calling her by her name.....she recgonizes squeak, and will look at you when you say it, but totally ignores her name.

I will be thinking of you guys....

Oh, have you let Trinka know? I see her on line quite a bit. I will tell her tonight if I catch her.

Good luck!!!
Posted By: tina Re: Big day is approaching - 02/05/08 09:07 PM
Congradulations.........Pisces are very loving, wonderful people. That is a great sign to be born under. My son and granddaughter are also Pisces...So i'm kinda parcel...
love tina
Posted By: Michelle70605 Re: Big day is approaching - 02/06/08 03:28 AM
Good Luck in the morning....yall will be in my prayers!!
Posted By: deanne Re: Big day is approaching - 02/06/08 09:13 PM
how'd it go? is it still going? how's your baby and wife?
Posted By: barngoddess84 Re: Big day is approaching - 02/06/08 11:25 PM
Just sending along good thoughts and prayers!
*hugs*
Bridge
Posted By: Dotyisle Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 12:07 AM
Hola a todos (hello everyone),

Well... the fibroids did present problems, but mother and baby are fine now. Was quite a wait to finally see Gaby, doctor said most difficult C-section she has been a part of. But thank God both are fine.

Below are the pictures....

First picture, first picture with proud papa and first picture of him already opening eyes.

He was 3 kilos 200 grams or roughly 7 lbs.

I will be staying at the hospital for next 2-3 days with Gaby, came home to send off the photos to family in states and family here at Kickas!

Thanks for all the prayers,

Tim

[image][img=http://thumbnails.imajr.com/webP1010490-732427.jpg][/image]

[image][img=http://thumbnails.imajr.com/web1010494-732428.jpg][/image] [image][img=http://thumbnails.imajr.com/webP1010503-732429.jpg][/image]
Posted By: MollyC1i Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 12:28 AM
Fantastic Tim - Great good news. Gaby looks well and Baby is terrific - looks like you (ducking...'LOL') Thanks for posting the photos.

TG all went well. Many congrats and warmest best wishes to Gaby, you and cuddles to little Mateo. So exciting. Our family has growed!

Molly (am toasting y'all - A good Jameson, OK?)
Posted By: DANVON Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 12:28 AM
Congratulations Tim He looks beautiful.

Dan
Posted By: deanne Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 12:28 AM
aw, he's beautiful! congratulations! how exciting! i'm so glad your wife and baby are fine!
Posted By: Jaybird Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 12:45 AM
Congratulations Tim! Happy to know that mother and Mateo are doing well.
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 01:03 AM
Hi Tim,

I am SO excited for you & Gaby!!! Baby Mateo is beautiful and looks healthy.

Im glad all turned out well, now is the hard part...raising him..lol

Hugs,

Lisa
Posted By: trudi Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 01:44 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! SUCH A CUTE BABY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Posted By: Sassy Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 02:04 AM
What a beautiful family you have. You are very blessed Tim.

Congrats!!
Posted By: BLESTER Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 02:09 AM
Tim,

Congrats on the new addition to the family, you two did a great job. It looks like momma and baby are both doing fine especially with the big smile on Gaby's face. I'm sure you are both relieved. I see the baby is already holding your finger on the opening eyes pic so he must be ready to go.

Brent
Posted By: mig Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 02:11 AM
Oh Tim - wow you are quick! CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of little Mateo!!!! He is so tiny and cute!!!

I love the picture with all three of you and I'm so so glad to hear that Gaby and baby are both well and fine, despite the difficult c-section.

Thank you so much for posting these precious pictures for us to enjoy the occasion along with you.

Lots of love,
mig
Posted By: Megan Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 02:13 AM
Yaaaay! Welcome to the world Mateo!
He's adorable Tim! Well done you and Gaby. Mostly Gaby, by the sounds of that C-section. yeesh. Hope she recovers quickly. But what a beautiful little person! Can't wait for updates on his milestones!
Posted By: Trace Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 03:49 AM
Congratulations! What a cute baby and mom looks radiant!

Trace
Posted By: Maggie Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 05:21 AM
Wonderful news Tim.
Mateo is really beautiful !!
Well done to all 3 of you and my best wishes for a speedy recovery for Gaby.

You're going to make an awesome daddy - allready staying at the hospital with them - way to go.

Hugs
Maggie
Posted By: judeBW Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 06:01 AM
What a beautiful little boy! Congrats to both of you
kind regards
Jude
Posted By: ladybuggie Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 06:12 AM
Congratulations !!!
He is precious!! You all look wonderful...! I am glad that everything is okay and momma is fine as well as baby !
Thank you for sharing the pics!! Bug
Posted By: Kiwi Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 08:28 AM
Fantastics news! Congratulations to you both.

Chelsea
Posted By: Pello Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 09:53 AM
Zorionak... Congratulations Tim (great Moderator) and Gaby.

Ongi Etorri... Wellcome Mateo.

Pello.
Posted By: NanaTrae Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 12:47 PM
Tim

You are truly blessed!! Mateo is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations Daddy. (Gabby too)

God Bless, Trae
Posted By: angiem Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 01:49 PM
Oh what a blessing!!! Congrats.... Great news...

Angie
Posted By: sarahmd Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 02:25 PM
congrats! he's adorable!
Posted By: Cara Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 02:30 PM
Congratulations! What a sweet pea. I am happy to hear that Matteo and Gaby are doing well. Thanks for sharing the pictures. They certainly brightened my day.

Take care.
Cara
Posted By: Orch Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 03:42 PM
Congratulations!!! I hope you saved up some sleep. Babies are fun so enjoy the good times they grow up fast. My Daughter is already talking about getting married.
Posted By: stevec Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 05:47 PM
Congratulations upon the birth of your terrific new son. Few things as great as these early days. We're so happy for you and Gabi.
Posted By: Inanna Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 06:03 PM
Tim, Mateo is just beautiful!!! Gaby looks lovely (as all new mothers seem to) and you, well, you're just so darned cute. You and Gaby have created a beautiful family. I'm so happy for you all!

Please whisper a special welcome to the world to Mateo's from his 'KA Aunty' Kathy in Canada and you and Gaby give each other big hugs from me!

Many warm hugs,
Posted By: davo Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 06:14 PM
Congrats,

Dave
Posted By: DavidsMum Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/07/08 07:16 PM
Hello Tim

Many congratulations to you and Gaby. Mateo looks adorable.

Glad all went well, I look forward to seeing the little fella grow.
Posted By: Moonbees Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/15/08 07:22 AM
Tim,

Mateo is absolutely the CUTEST BABY BEANER I have ever seen!!! Congratulations to you and Gaby!! I am so happy that everyone is happy and healthy!!

Give him some Bama sugar from Tia Holly!!
Holly
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/15/08 09:08 PM
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. This is such a big change in that you want all to be well for your baby and every cry here in the beginning can take a piece out of you.

I can better appreciate all the posts from the moms/dads when they learn that your child may have AS and how it can tear them up inside a bit.

Gaby had an infection from the C-section from a probe they did to help her pee before the operation, she finally appears to be recovering from that after a course of antibiotics. Of course I am making her take some probiotics now which the doctor agreed was great

Sleeping at night is very difficult, this appears to be the time of day Mateo is most hungry (go figure ) Anyone have tips on making him a day time feeder pass them on. Gaby's mother has been great, she took 2 weeks vacation and has been staying with us at night to help.

Thanks to my Kickas family for your your notes!

Tim
Posted By: BLESTER Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/15/08 11:04 PM
Tim,

Congrats again I see you are having some eye opening experiences already from being a new dad. The baby sleeping patterns will adjust in a few weeks, but it may take a few months before the baby sleeps al night.

A little Chamomile Tea is good to help the baby sleep and is also good for colic or upset tummys.

Hope this helps.
Brent
Posted By: NanaTrae Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/16/08 06:03 AM
Sorry Tim, I don't know anything to switch their nights & days but there is something called "Baby Bliss Gripe Water" that is a miracle!! It works almost immediately. My kids all make sure they have some on hand for my grand babies!

"Baby's Bliss GripeWater" is America's all natural herbal supplement used to ease the gas and stomach pain associated with colic, hiccups. Made with organic Ginger and Fennel, Baby's Bliss GripeWater is recommended by pediatricians nationwide as an effective alternative to traditional medications.

Good luck again! Mateo is beautiful.
Trae
Posted By: ankyspon Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/16/08 07:23 AM
Wow Tim, Many congratualtions on being a Proud Father!! My best wishes to You and your wife...

Both of us have come a long way from when we met last. Lets hope we can meet sometime and Uncle Ankush can bring a gift for the baby boy....
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/16/08 04:23 PM
Hi Ankush,

Yes... some time has now passed since we met. Hope you are doing well!

Tim
Posted By: sarahmd Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/17/08 04:46 AM
Hey Tim,
I tried to make sure I fed him every two hours during the day, in hopes of him sleeping through the night or at least sleeping longer than 2 hours at a time. I remember it took some time, but it finally started to work some. We actually ahd to put rice in his bottles (pumped) to help make it heavier on his stomach at 1 1/2 months. He just wasn't filling up on my milk alone. Most dr's don't agree with adding anything until they are at least 3 months, but I needed sleep, so I over-rode the Dr's. My parents did it with me and I survived, so I figured it wouldn't be too horrible. And boy oh boy did it help! I would sleep for 4-5 hours straight. That was so awesome to me! Ben really didn't start getting better until we put him on solids, but hey, anything's better than nothing in my opinion!

Hope this helps some.
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/17/08 05:04 AM
Hi Tim,

So glad Gabi and baby Mateo seem to be doing fine...

I was pretty much on my own with my 1st since I was nursing...but Tiffany when she had Jack he was 4 weeks early and just over 4lbs...any first time baby is quite an adjustment and Tiff was having such a hard time..since Jack was so little he would nurse and get like 2 ozs and zzzzzzz be back to sleep then wake up an hour later and it was killing Tiff. When I went down to help her I suggested she pump some milk and skip a couple of feedings so se could sleep. Normally it is not a good idea because sometimes the baby gets confused between bottle or breast but we didnt have a choice...by Tiff skipping a couple of feedings which meant about a 4 hour rest she was much more able to get up, had more milk to feed him plus some left over to pump.

It is very common for newborns to be mixed up night with day...one thing I did with my own was nursed then right back to bed..I tried not to talk..ect..to them during the night.

It just takes time I remember being up in the middle of the night in tears nursing and watching animal planet knowing that I had to get up in 3 or 4 hours to take care of 7 kids all day long...dont know how I did it but me and the kids got thru it.

Another thing is when the kids were first born I had a bassinette right beside my bed so I could grab them as soon as they started fussing, once they got to be about 6 to 8 weeks then we put them in their bed in their own room with the monitor.

One more thing is my kids always loved lullabies so we always had a DVD player with childrens lullabies playing on low volume.

Things will line out it just takes time for each of you to get to know each other and your ways...

Hugs,

Lisa
Posted By: cherkibbs Re: Guess who is here!!!! - 02/17/08 05:25 AM
A very belated congrats on your little one!
© Kickas.org