Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Thread Like Summary
Magician
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Didier
Didier
When I was posting regularly in 2011-2012 this forum was quite active. Any ideas why the activity seems to have died down now? Is there a different place online where those afflicted with AS discuss topics?
Liked Replies
by LINCinNYC
LINCinNYC
I’m still here! Since late 90s. But I do check in less often now. However KA was and is a lifesaver for me!! And these forums have great info and discussions. Many of our old guard who were here every day have passed away, and I miss them.
Remember, you all rock, keep your hopes up and keep Kicking!!
Peace
Linc
1 member likes this
by Sassy
Sassy
I pop in on occasion. It has been a few years though. I keep up with a lot of kickers on Facebook or in real life.

It has been almost 20 years since I found you guys. Place really was hopping back then. We had so much fun on here and the many, many gatherings that Eric and myself attended.
1 member likes this
by Oldtimer
Oldtimer
Still kicking, don't look in very often. Don't see many of the names from way back. JR
1 member likes this
by mulehound
mulehound
Always look in just don't post much.
ETTE
Darrel
1 member likes this
by MollyC1i
MollyC1i
Hi Didier - Well, I still post from time to time. I also recommend, especially when it is a dietary matter - NSD/LSD and to check on 'inflammatory foods' and 'anti-inflammatory foods'. I know of several people who took up membership of KA.
Yes. I also miss the old crowd - Kat; Loz and Strutsy; Manatee; Mig; Alan and so many others. It was always very lively - still chuckle over the 'shed' making its transatlantic world tour <LOL>
Yep. Love KA. Best support group and excellent for information. Good discussions.
There are f/b groups, but do not begin to compare to KA.
La Moll - Keeping on, Keeping on - as we all do innit smile
1 member likes this
by Dotyisle
Dotyisle
Hello Molly,

Good to see you dropping in and posting... we are both closing in on 10k posts grin

If we can get there, we would be in rare company... Sue, Kat and Mig.

Keep on kicking.

Tim
1 member likes this
by MollyC1i
MollyC1i
Morning Tim - Good to see ya. You need to put up a new pic of yr son...he must be a teenager now, or early 20s ?
10K posts. Lordy, still, is over n'number of years !
There hasn't been that much in the medical news re AS, in any of the aspects. Though was pleased to see the MRI being admitted to be 'gold standard' screening. That was a definite win smile
Hope you and yr family are continuing well. Me ? Stagger on <G>
Molly C - Keeping on, Keeping on - as we all do
1 member likes this
by ineptwill
ineptwill
Cripes, I best check in then...cripes....errr, yes who am I, I forget sometimes! I am Alan the great, Molly yes, you tried to run off in my shed
!
I Spoke to my old sparring partner Mig, a week or two ago, lovely as ever.

As for never being here, well you see I decided to do a degree; thinking an hour or so a week would cover it - wrong!

In my defence may I say that I do pop in and read here quite often and shall try even more so in light of this gentle admonishment.

Question from my degree exam: Search the Mendelsohn violin concerto and name the bar (about 6 million to chose from)which contains a chromatic appoggiatura...Cripes.

Lovely to post here again

Alan
1 member likes this
by rumble
rumble
Time constraints keep me from checking in here as often as before. Stability in the disease has been a part of that, too. Had to take about 2 yrs off biologic due to a combination of problems (pneumonia, followed by a couple of persistent lung nodules which had to be worked up and followed for 2 yrs. Then broke my foot in 5 places when I fainted during a trip to the potty in the middle of the night. That took over a year to heal, including use of a bone-growth stimulator.) Those 2 yrs were miserable, given I was back on essentially no treatment but MTX and I was progressed in severity from when I first began treatments. But after that 2 yrs was finally up, got back on the usual treatments again and things are back to as stable as is possible. Still working full time, but looking forward to retiring in about 3 yrs when I make 65. With any luck, I might be able to cut hours back to 32/week and still keep benefits in the last year. While it might not be as active as it was in the days when I joined up, there are good people here sharing great information as to how they are slaying the beast. Keep on kicking, all of you.
1 member likes this
by Inanna
Inanna
Working on it, Magic Angie!
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
New recipe website from Janneke
by DragonSlayer - 05/10/22 05:03 PM
Chiropractic care
by jwmson - 04/18/22 01:19 PM
Looking for help dealing with Heartburn
by Magician - 03/11/22 11:15 PM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Electromyography (EMG) test
by Magician - 10/01/21 04:03 AM