Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
J
Hey everyone!
I'm new to the forum (but not new to AS, diagnosed ~3yrs ago).
My condition has gotten worse (sacroliac joint inflammation, inflammation in the chest, lower back pain etc.), so I started the no-starch diet 3 weeks ago.
Still have quite a lot of cramps though, so was wondering if you knew of any good gastroenterologists in the London area? (or some good AS-focused Rheumatologists?)
Basically, I've found that so far many doctors have been focused on 'take biologics', 'increase NSAID dosage', which is of course fine, but I'd like to see some doctors who combine this with other viewpoints (i.e. more holistic lifestyle changes).
Cheers, and have a good day all!
G

Hello Jackasmith,

Welcome to Kickas!

Used to have several members from London area that posted here... site is much slower now. Hope someone sees this and can help you.

I am from the States, but living in Argentina now.

Best,

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Hello to you,
If you were in the Mountain West I could surely help you out. I hope someone from London or near there can help you out. Lot's of good information here.
ETTE
Darrel

J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
Hello Jackasmith, it might be a good idea to look for a doctor of integrative and functional medicine, maybe a GP. They are qualified medical doctors who are interested in looking for the root cause of illness (functional medicine) and are also willing to work together with other likeminded doctors in other disciplines (integrative medicine) - so you might start with a GP who could refer you to a gastroenterologist.

My brother went to the Harpal Clinic in London for his multiple sclerosis, and they were able to help him. Maybe give them a call and ask if they could recommend a gastroenterologist of the sort you're looking for?

Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose