Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Alida1 Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
I've been in a terrible flare since November ( I took a fall down a flight of stairs in September), I waited it out, to no avail doing all the things I usually do (NS, fasting, bone broth, et el) my pain level was from 5-10+ ( my normal now was 0-1 and had been for 10+ years since I found out about No Starch) I made an appointment with my rheumatologist fearing it was time for biologics. That appointment was canceled a couple times and finally I saw him at the end of March. Blood work came back "normal" whatever that means.

I was discussing it with my husband how frustrated I was with this pain that seemed to have no rhyme or reason to it. My husband, said..you know it seems since you’ve been taking multiple supplements since September/October and this flare started in November, consider removing all your supplements and see what happens. I had already recently added Turmeric per my rheumy to see if it might help(but I stopped that as well ) I stopped on 3/28 or 3/29, with the week my pain was back at a low 0-2, I had an MRI on my shoulder Thursday with contrast and a small inject of steroids. To see if I tore my rotator cuff, apparently it's cyst on the bone.

My pain has been mostly 0 with a stiffness after sitting ( at my desk or long car ride into the city) but not hunched over in pain like I’ve been in the past 5 months. Still stiff when I wake up but minimal pain (0-1) and once I do my pilates it's better.

Yesterday, I decided to test all my supplements for starch.. the melatonin caplet and ingredients , magnesium tablet exterior, and the turmeric caplet and ingredients..all tested positive with iodine ( I haven’t tested these until now, usually I always do..but thought they were safe..now I know to test each new bottle) Back when I first learned about No Starch I tested everything for starch, I thought I had it down, apparently that is not the case. As an aside, my upper abdomen area isn't as bloated either.

So, you may ask why I’m telling you this..because I wanted you to know and thought it might be helpful and interesting and if you find yourself in a flare...CHECK EVERYTHING AGAIN LIKE WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED.. blush

10+ year ASkicker...

Last edited by Alida1; 04/07/20 12:26 AM.

Where your mind goes your life follows
HLA-B27+
Dx'd 2011
manage with diet and supplements
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I reached a point where I too quit testing some of my supplements. Same story, stiff pain could not figure it out. Saw the iodine bottle one day. All black was an eye opener.
ETTE
Darrel

Last edited by mulehound; 04/08/20 03:30 AM.
Hello Alida,

I had many issues with supplements and some form of modified starch in my first 5 years on diet. I no longer take any supplements… make sure I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and eat sauerkraut and drink Kefir for the probiotics.

Best to you to keep on kicking.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I have switched to kefir from natren trinity. It works well.
ETTE
Darrel

I supplemented with Natrens Healthy Trinity in the States, very good brand and had good results.

Here in Argentina probiotics are much too expensive and not nearly as good.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM