Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hate beds - They are rarely 'right'. Gave up on em, use my couch and three pillows. Works well. Well supported in the spine, held in comfortable position, knees against back of couch. Very nice indeed.
Hospital beds are pretty good. Otherwise the bed I slept in whilst visiting friends. Had a great really thick, well sprung mattress with an overlay of a tempurpedic 4" mattress. Now that was a treat. Best bed ever.

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
T
Lurker
Lurker
T
I have read on this site many times, but never posted. I've had AS for over 16 years and nights were always the hardest. My husband was diagnosed with osteosarcoma cancer in his pelvis and had a major surgery. We were given a Temperpedic bed. Tempur Flex Highbrid are words printed on my mattress and I remember being told that it was on the firmer scale.
It has all the whistles (vibration, elevates head and feet), but I rarely use them. It's just the mattress that has made all the difference. I often thank God for it when I say my prayers at night. It has literally changed my life. I am often in pain, but sleep wonderfully at night. I sleep all night long most of the time and it is only when I get out of bed that I notice pain again. I went 15 years waking up 2-3 times most nights in horrendous pain. I use to have many tearful nights. This has been a miracle and a game changer for me. I wish every AS sufferer could afford a bed like mine. I bought a new bed hoping it would help multiple times, but this is the only bed that actually did.

Hello Thriver,

I have a lot of issues with firm beds, my father liked them (he also had AS). Beds are very individualistic for AS sufferers.

Best

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
M
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
M
I have seen these, not down a good test. Nearly got one a few years back, probably would have if the biologics didnt kick in, thanks for the reminder.

C
New_Member
New_Member
C
I have AS for about 35 years. I’m in my late 50s and did not get diagnosed until I was 54, in spite of all types of Doctor visits, Physical therapy etc. My spine was already fused by the time I was diagnosed. OK, the bed…for me a Tempurpedic, mattress, firm, WAS A GAMECHANGER. I bought it from Costco on sale and figured I could return it if it didn’t help.

It is still the only place I’m truly comfortable, is when I’m laying on it. Some days, I can’t sit, walk, stand because the pain is so bad…I lie down and listen to audiobooks from audible. It’s amazing. Being a working mother, means I cannot lie down all day, however I thank God all the time for this wonderful mattress. I’m comfy most nights if I don’t move around. Peace to all who have this.

1 member likes this: Inanna
Hi Cre8tive, I find our tempurpedic has been a game changer for our sleep. I like the softest, he likes the firmest, so we went for the one in the middle. Wonderful!

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Page 37 of 37 1 2 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)