Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#516543 02/01/17 01:12 AM
L
lulu12 Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
I've been gone for awhile. I broke my foot back in June and it's been a long, hard recovery process. Much harder than I ever realized. I was out of work for 3 months and unfortunately I seem to be dealing with a non union. Anyway during that time I tried to stick to starch free as much as possible but definitely fell off the wagon more than once. I was surprised to see that on several occasions despite ingesting starch I felt pretty good although gluten would result in a pretty big reaction of my psoriasis.

I actually began to think that maybe I was somehow cured and able to tolerate starches. I was horrified to see that my weight was beginning to climb. I had lost close to 30 pounds going starch free 2 years ago. Despite staying mostly starch free my weight has continued to climb. I decided to do a 3 day detox. Well the dinner on day 2 was quinoa. Within 30 min I felt pains in my hips. I got up today feeling sore. Well foolishly I ate it again for lunch. Big mistake. I began to have severe SI joint pain that practically brought me to tears. I can barely walk tonight. I slapped on my lidoderm patches, took gabapentin and Alene and hoping for some relief.

I am depressed to think I am not "cured", I'm really unsure what to do.

R
R
Hi lulu12,

sorry to hear that.

I have kind of similar episodes. It is very hard to stick to diet, especially if you have to be very strict. When I feel good, I try food, which I know could be a problem for me and regret it later. And it is difficult to figure out, what you can eat and what could cause problems. And probably it changes. So there is nothing more to say than don't give up. I had a hard last year and then it was getting better. Now I have problems again, probably because I ate cake (without flour) without checking the ingredients properly. So, don't be to hard on you. Go on with the diet as good as you can!

Suggestion: Maybe fastenning could help quite quick.

Best wishes!
Rayd

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By lulu12

I actually began to think that maybe I was somehow cured and able to tolerate starches.

I am depressed to think I am not "cured", I'm really unsure what to do.

That's A.S. for you, no sooner do you feel better than it's back to bite you on the bum as bad as ever it was. It is such an erratic changeable condition not just from day to day but sometimes from one year to the next. It can go in to a state a remission that can last for years but still it can return again as bad as ever. Sorry I can't over more hope but that's how things are with A.S.

L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
lulu- yes it is a relentless beast. Try it again. We have to have more courage and strength than the average bear. So get up and face it one more time.
remember it is worth the effort to gain control of pain.

Like the Slayer told me 15 year ago- nearly every change seems to hurt and making a difference. GAINING health can take years, but other than our spirituality, what is more important?

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 39 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
New recipe website from Janneke
by DragonSlayer - 05/10/22 05:03 PM