Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
Was just told by a rheumatologist that my year of inexplicable daily morning finger pain couldn't be autoimmune because my test results were all negative (including xray, blood and HLA B27).

BUT before I got that news I had found this site after wondering if I might have AS (SI pain since I was a teen) and tried NSD right away. Over the years I had already dropped dairy, grains,and nightshades and found significant relief for crippling knee osteoarthritis and rosacea. But when the finger pain started I was already avoiding those things and couldn't figure out what to cut out next....until I found this site.

Within 2 weeks of NSD I had a massive reduction in pain in my fingers and low back. I could use my hands again. I could ride my bike without back pain.

But that wasn't all. I also found really dramatic improvements to things I never suspected were related:
- frequent tension headaches
- interstitial cystitis
- tendinitis in my knee and hip
- rosacea
- anxiety and depression

My question to this board is whether anyone else has experienced relief from other issues through NSD? And if so, what was your experience?

Last edited by Kellybells; 01/29/17 08:54 PM.
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Sinusitis and asthma before NSD. No issues now.
ETTE.
Darrel

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Don't believe in NSD or any other kind of diet for A.S. All mumbo jumbo and witchcraft.

K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
Originally Posted By Frederick
Don't believe in NSD or any other kind of diet for A.S. All mumbo jumbo and witchcraft.

*sigh

Not sure why anyone would clog this thread by answering a question I did not ask. Was not expecting to get trolled on this forum.

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, Kellybells:

Yes, myriad but it is not possible to separate these symptoms from normal AS:

1) Asthma
2) Kidney stones
3) Iritis
4) Knee edema
5) Plantar fasciitis
6) Periostitis
7) TMJ pain
8) Psoriatic outbreaks
9) Spasms
10) Night sweats
11) Hand pain (thumb pads)
12) And of course the constellation of symptoms related to active AS.

AS was not done with me, but I was done with AS!

HEALTH,
John

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By Kellybells

My question to this board is whether anyone else has experienced relief from other issues through NSD? And if so, what was your experience?

So sorry I assumed your question quoted above was about NSD. I must have misunderstood So very sorry but even more sorry that you should consider my answer to to some sort of Tole activity as I have never Troles anybody on any Forum and I don't intend to start now.

K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
Originally Posted By DragonSlayer
Hello, Kellybells:

Yes, myriad but it is not possible to separate these symptoms from normal AS:

1) Asthma
2) Kidney stones
3) Iritis
4) Knee edema
5) Plantar fasciitis
6) Periostitis
7) TMJ pain
8) Psoriatic outbreaks
9) Spasms
10) Night sweats
11) Hand pain (thumb pads)
12) And of course the constellation of symptoms related to active AS.

AS was not done with me, but I was done with AS!

HEALTH,
John

You're the second poster to mention asthma...which is very interesting to me....

I developed cold weather asthma about 5 years ago (only comes on with hard exercise in very cold weather).

I'm a bike commuter even in winter and had noticed that I had no wheezing this week when the temp dropped below freezing. Had wondered if maybe it wasn't cold enough but now I wonder if it might be NSD. Will be keeping an eye on that...

I have also noticed my shortness of breath, which my doc had been at a loss to explain, has improved. It's always been intermittent though so it's too early to add it to my list.

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner
K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
Originally Posted By Frederick

So sorry I assumed your question quoted above was about NSD. I must have misunderstood So very sorry but even more sorry that you should consider my answer to to some sort of Tole activity as I have never Troles anybody on any Forum and I don't intend to start now.

So...you're sorry but I should be more sorry. Got it.

Apology accepted but please stop. I'm new to this forum and had hoped for a warmer welcome.

Last edited by Kellybells; 02/03/17 05:16 PM.

Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker

I've been no-sugar and no-starch since 2009. In addition to clearing up the joint pain and other related AS symptoms, I've benefited from the following:
No more brain fog (this is mainly attributed to cutting sugar out)
No more sinus infections
I've only been sick 2-3 times since 2009
No more eczema / itchy skin
I've had a pretty nasty looking mole actually fall off!

Everyone's different so your mileage is going to vary. But I now firmly believe a healthy lifestyle can be transformative.

"But I also have to say, for the umpty-umpth time, that life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all." -- from William Goldman's _Princess Bride_
Master_AS_Kicker
Master_AS_Kicker
Hello,

Mostly, I just had fantastic reduction in pain levels. However, I did lose a lot of excess weight, so that led to additional health benefits. With the lessened pain and lower weight, I was able to exercise more and enjoy life more (like playing with my grand-kids).

--Greg

AS symptoms started 1991. Official dx in 2006 with HLA-B27+, fused SIJ, bone spurs in back, extreme rib/hip pain, and other family with SpA. Started Enbrel in 2006 with good results, but stopped in 2010 due to nerve damage (MS) from it. Getting good results with no-starch diet since 2011.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella