Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
dlee Offline OP
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
A friend of my wife recently got diagnosed with mercury poisoning from old fillings that were being removed. Apparently during the removal there can be some mercury gas/vapour and it was breathed in. A rash developed, followed by extreme tiredness, incapable of doing much but sleeping most of the time. Not allowed to drive a vehicle. Can't work. Expected to take around 2 years to recover. There were also issues with lead. Apparently when the lead leaches out of your bones it is very painful. Terrible.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I too feel lower inflammation and pain, and more relaxed during a cold.

Twenty five years ago (around 1993) I was told that I have fibromyalgia (FM). I didn't buy it but I didn't pursue other opinions. I followed internet support groups and research regarding FM for at least 20 years and noticed people with FM report that when they get a cold they feel even worse. That perplexed me because I was aware that when I caught a cold that my inflammation and pain symptoms lessened. I even felt more relaxed and in a way more energetic.

Then I came to KickAS in 2015 and noticed that people with AS reported that their inflammation and pain also reduced when having a cold. My eyes opened wide.

Such a difference could possibly be a good question for MD's to ask when differentiating illnesses based on clinical presentation.

Not all parasites are bad. Some may even improve health by suppressing the immune system. There are some maverick patients that treat Chron's by infecting themselves with Helminths https://www.healthline.com/health/crohns-disease/hook-worms

The attitudes or prejudices we have against microbes is based on ignorance -- we can't draw a solid line and define them as good or bad. We need them all and we need lots of them on and in us in great variety. We need the parasites too but in low numbers and in kept in check by the other microbes and our own immune system.

Thus the best source of bugs is not OTC probiotics but the soil and kissing 95 year-old women. If she's 95 years old you want whatever she's got!

Don't laugh! There are cultures in which a food is prepared by the old women through chewing the food stuff then putting it back in the bowl before it is served to the community.

American's are not so unhealthy just because of toxins in foods and too much sitting but also due to attitudes and misguided beliefs about what is dirty and what is clean. Perhaps Louis Pasteur misguided us to some degree.

Just my two maos

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!