Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#515682 08/20/16 11:22 AM
B
boz Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
B
Just wondering if Kefir and Yogurt is safe on the NSD? I've been making my own yogurt (fermented for 24h)
And i also drink a glass of Kefir a day,because of the amazing probiotic content (50+ strains of probiotics and beneficial yeasts)

Kefir has 10 billion CFU per 0.03381 ounces. Since there are roughly 5 milliliters in one measured teaspoon that makes 50 billion colony forming units per teaspoon! shocked

Norway
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
In my case, I ultimately had a reaction on coconut water kefir. It's such a shame because the health benefits are awesome. It's not a major trigger for me, but if I continue having a little kefir everyday, within 2-3 weeks, stiffness and aches will eventually evolve to join pain. frown

If you can get away with it, go for it, but I know it's off limits for me.

"But I also have to say, for the umpty-umpth time, that life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all." -- from William Goldman's _Princess Bride_
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I have always been able to do certain yogurt. Stony field, brown cow and some Greek yogurts. Others were a big no.
ETTE.
Darrel

B
boz Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
B
Originally Posted By FormerFoodie
In my case, I ultimately had a reaction on coconut water kefir. It's such a shame because the health benefits are awesome. It's not a major trigger for me, but if I continue having a little kefir everyday, within 2-3 weeks, stiffness and aches will eventually evolve to join pain. frown

If you can get away with it, go for it, but I know it's off limits for me.

Even coconut water kefir is a no go for you? But it dosen't contain any starch right?

I guess i'll stick with my kombucha,water kefir and sauerkraut.

Norway
If I was in a flare and AS active... I had issues with sauerkraut and yogurt at times.

If I was doing fine, then no issues (if yogurt were good brands as posted prior).

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
I have this weird thing where if I keep eating yoghurt I gradually become more and more anxious. Never heard anyone else have such a weird reaction. Oh well.

Dairy is a mixed bag for us I guess. Some people react a bit. Maybe best to wait until AS has settled before folks try this.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!